Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vegetarian
Allrecipes.com has just send me a recipe for a quiche so it seems although I'll have to try your recipe Cheffie.

I'm sure the dusty Wenresepte standing in a corner in my kitchen will have a malvapudding in.
I still love chocolate.
Quote:Originally posted by Surita
Allrecipes.com has just send me a recipe for a quiche so it seems although I'll have to try your recipe Cheffie.

I'm sure the dusty Wenresepte standing in a corner in my kitchen will have a malvapudding in.

Don't take my word for it LOL

You make whatever you feel would please your vegetarian guest..

I'm sure there are a few recipes out there for Malva.. it's just getting hold of the right one that really counts Wink Big Grin
Can I buy your recipe?Big Grin

Or even better I should've brought them to your restaurant and you could've done the cooking!!!
I still love chocolate.

Or even better I should've brought them to your restaurant and you could've done the cooking!!!

in answer to the first one.. it's not for sale Wink

in answer to the second one..
and lose all the fun out of doing it for yourself? I think stick with plan A..

and if all else fails.. make sure you have a decent vegetarian takeaway number to hand :laugh:

Lol Cheffie...

I told you she said it was the best...Smile
Can we please stop this talking (typing) about malva pudding - my boss will be seriously upset if I have to ask for a new keyboard becuase the old one burned out because I was drooling on it.

See you guys tomorrow - off to the gym to work off the anticipated calories in the malvapudding!!
I still love chocolate.
Quote:Originally posted by Pronkertjie
Lol Cheffie...

I told you she said it was the best...Smile

Blom..

My best bet would be to advise you to become VERY good friends with her then..

Perhaps she'll treat you to her own recipe she's hopefully found on the web Wink
Quote:Originally posted by Cheffie
Blom..

My best bet would be to advise you to become VERY good friends with her then..

Perhaps she'll treat you to her own recipe she's hopefully found on the web Wink

Yip.... I hope she will invite me for dinner too! Wink
Of the four recipes for Malva pudding that I have tried so far, this has been by far and away the best. The recipe is from the Boschendal wine estate in the Cape (poached from the internet):

Ingredients:

1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 Tbsp. smooth apricot jam
1 cup cake flour
1 tsp. baking soda
Generous pinch of salt
1 Tbsp. butter
1 tsp. White vinegar
1 cup milk

Sauce:

1 cup cream
6 oz. butter
1 cup sugar
½ cup hot water

Preheat oven to 350º F. In a mixing bowl, beat egg, sugar and jam together on high for +/- 15 minutes. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, soda and salt. In a microwave safe bowl, melt butter carefully in microwave, then add vinegar and set aside.

Add half of the milk to egg/sugar mixture, and mix together. Then add half the flour mixture, and blend ingredients together. Alternately mix in the rest of the milk, then the rest of the flour mixture. Add butter/vinegar mixture and mix well.

Pour mixture into a pyrex or corningware baking dish (about 8 inches in diameter) and cover with lid or foil and bake for 45-60 minutes. The pudding is cooked when it is a consistent rich brown in color. If it is still pale in the center on top, it will need to cook a little longer.

Melt together the ingredients for the sauce and pour over the pudding as it comes out of the oven. Let stand for several minutes, allowing sauce to soak into baked portion, then serve pudding
gosh Bush baby

That looks yummy
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger Big Grin