Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vegetarian
Quote:Originally posted by chickie
gosh Bush baby

That looks yummy

It was a very nice dessert. The best part being it tastes completely different hot to cold, I found the hot was best eaten without anything added - custard, cream, ice cream - as it had such a divine flavour on its own. Cold, it can handle a bit of custard. Very very rich though.
ok ok I think that I am going to stay away from here as I am becoming hungry now.......
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger Big Grin
Well just a big thank you for all the ideas guys.

I'm not going to bore you with detail of the menu. Enough said that nothing was left after dinner.

Cheffie - the malvapudding was a great hit!!

It was the strangest dinner though - the people did want me to take the main course's food away and after pudding everybody was grazing away on the leftover veggies and meat. When I served coffee everybody started on the pudding again!!!

Now i just need to clean all those dishes again!
I still love chocolate.
Quote:Originally posted by Surita
When I served coffee everybody started on the pudding again!!!

It has addictive qualities in the ingredients Wink Big Grin

Did you manage to do the mushroom gateau and tempt the carnivores?

Or was that a bridge too far?
I did not attempt the mushroom gateau, I did make some veggie kebabs and a big stir fry of sugar snaps, mini corncobs, carrots and red and yellow peppers. And dont forget the baby onions and roasted potatoes!!!

I major recipe a meal is all I can handle. Next time I'll attempt the mushroom gateau and they can have ice cream for desert!
I still love chocolate.
I major recipe a meal is all I can handle. Next time I'll attempt the mushroom gateau and they can have ice cream for desert!

Well the good thing is that the malva pudding can be made in advance, the mushroom gateau a day before..

so all you have to think of next time is a starter Wink LOL

As an idea.. get some of your Veggie friends to 'loan' you some recipes and you can share them with us Smile
The veggie friends I have does not eat meat but for the rest of the time they see a glass of Orange Juice as the vegetable for the day and survive on Mars Bars and Crisps for the rest of the time.

Strange veggies - although it does work for them because they are all very very skinny!
I still love chocolate.
The veggie starter was filo parcels with cream cheese, tabasco and wilted spinach. Did the same thing for the meat eaters with spicy mince in!!!

Everybody was very impressed with my "samoosas"
I still love chocolate.
Strange veggies - although it does work for them because they are all very very skinny!

I'll not pass comment here..

Bunny boilers and all that spring to mind :haha:

Looks like an interesting menu. Give the carnivores something lovely that the veggies might enjoy too, next time.

Saves on the hassle and besides.. it's your dishes to wash Wink Big Grin