Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What was your wedding song??
Mgv brings up an interesting point who did a proper waltz as their first dance as opposed to just a slow dance?
Quote:Originally posted by Jemlet
Mgv brings up an interesting point who did a proper waltz as their first dance as opposed to just a slow dance?

did a sort of waltz.......i hate slow dancing......Rolleyes
I will always love you by Whitney Houstan (personally I like Dolly Partons version)
Everything happens for a reason, we just dont know why!
Quote:Originally posted by Jemlet

We also had Love is a Beautiful Song, with the waltz aswell, well I should say, we tried to give it our best shot at waltzing Big Grin
I cant remember what "our" song was......

but I can remember the stress and drama running up to the wedding and Phil Collins was in the charts with "If leaving me is easy.......then the coming back is harder"!!!!

I bought it for hubby cos he didn't think I would pitch upRolleyes
Quote:Originally posted by Icecub
Are u talking about the first dance?? As i had a song played when i entered the church, when we came into the reception hall and another for our first dance....

I will have to rewatch my wedding video to remember the songs.....:o which was almost 14 yrs ago.....:eek:

The one you danced to........Smile
Learn as if you were going to live forever. Live as if you were going to die tomorrow.
--Mahatma Gandhi
I didn't have a wedding song, but with hindsight it should have been:

" I Gotta Get Outta this Place"

Big Grin
No doubt mine will be an ABBA song, possibly "The Day before you came" or perhaps a Meat Loaf (or is it Meatloaf) song.... "Bat out of Hell" springs to mind as well as the live version of "Making love by the dashboard light" where she (the female co-singer) goes bezerk and throws plates all over the place... :p

Or perhaps "One in a Million" by Basson as I love that song...

Actually only time will tell what 'our' song will be Big Grin
We never did conform......the first dance which was just BJ & I was "TONIGHT I CELEBRATE MY LOVE (Peabo Bryson and Roberta Flack) " which was BJ's choice......
The second song which had parents and best man join us was " I hear you now" Jon and Vangelis

and the 3rd song for all the non-believers and those that never thought they would see the day.....everybody on the floor for what turned out to be one hell of a party was "You ain't seen nothing yet...BTO.

As we had our reception in a Greek restaurant, a little later my Dad inv.oked a Cypriot tradition, and whilst not having the traditional Cypriot song, we did have BJ's favourite Greek song to which she danced a solo during which the guests pinned money on her wedding dress....
SPAM in a can....Now available in regular, turkey, Lite and HOT
Quote:Originally posted by Pam M
The one you danced to........Smile

was one of the songs from Phantom of the Opera...just got to the name of it...will check it out....

Tonight I celebrate my love for u, was played for us leaving the reception ... beautiful song.....Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What song(s) gives you "goosebumps"? Curio 22 14,132 12-02-2008, 10:17 AM
Last Post: TheDuck
  Match the song to the movie. Curio 294 81,364 25-08-2005, 09:11 PM
Last Post: Curio
  Match the lyrics to the song. Curio 327 96,214 16-08-2005, 10:58 AM
Last Post: Strawbs
  a song in the movie "Monster" Curio 6 4,696 17-04-2004, 08:43 PM
Last Post: Jangar
  the song fear Safferbeauty 2 7,780 29-01-2004, 11:21 AM
Last Post: picanin
  The easy way to identify a song.... Jangar 0 4,425 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  "Crush on You" the new "ABBA" song... Jangar 0 3,388 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Vote for your Favourite South African song of all time Jangar 0 15,267 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Ekurhuleni - song and dance Newsroom 0 4,091 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: