Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What was your wedding song??
I think a nice opening song for the bride & birdegroom is.........
"We've only just begun" by The Carpenters
and
a song called "Amazed" but don't know who its by.

Both songs have lovely lyrics.

I agree that the song
"Tonight I celebrate my love for you" is also a lovely song for the occassion.
Amazed is sung by Lonestar...
Everything happens for a reason, we just dont know why!
my perents weading song was
mama tembos weading, four jacks and a jill!
Quote:Originally posted by spam
and the 3rd song for all the non-believers and those that never thought they would see the day.....everybody on the floor for what turned out to be one hell of a party was "You ain't seen nothing yet...BTO.

As we had our reception in a Greek restaurant, a little later my Dad inv.oked a Cypriot tradition, and whilst not having the traditional Cypriot song, we did have BJ's favourite Greek song to which she danced a solo during which the guests pinned money on her wedding dress....

The BTO song is an excellent one! However Spam, your last paragraph sounded really cool!
Quote:Originally posted by Jangar
No doubt mine will be an ABBA song, possibly "The Day before you came" or perhaps a Meat Loaf (or is it Meatloaf) song.... "Bat out of Hell" springs to mind as well as the live version of "Making love by the dashboard light" where she (the female co-singer) goes bezerk and throws plates all over the place... :p

Now there will be trouble if you don't invite me to your wedding cos I'd hate to miss out on seeing this one! :haha:

I've managed to avoid the marriage bit. :p IF I'm ever made a respectable woman, I can think of a number of beautiful songs, mostly instrumentals:

Hey You - Pink Floyd (I guess you all know by now that I'm a fan! Blush )
Parisienne Walkways - Gary Moore
Theme from St Elmo's Fire
>>~V~ę~ñ~ů~Ş~<<
Quote:Originally posted by Venus
Now there will be trouble if you don't invite me to your wedding cos I'd hate to miss out on seeing this one! : haha :

I've managed to avoid the marriage bit. :p IF I'm ever made a respectable woman, I can think of a number of beautiful songs, mostly instrumentals:

Hey You - Pink Floyd (I guess you all know by now that I'm a fan! Blush )
Parisienne Walkways - Gary Moore
Theme from St Elmo's Fire

*tries to post again...* Windows crashed last time I tried to :mad:

Parisenne Walkways is a lovely song but as a wedding song ???
I presume you mean the "Love theme from St Elmo's Fire" What a fantastic piece of music Smile

I wonder what peeps would think if a couple were to choose "You're the one that I want" from Grease ???

Or Queen's version of the "Wedding March" (from the Flash Gordon album) which is absolutely brilliant Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by Jangar
*tries to post again...* Windows crashed last time I tried to :mad:

Parisenne Walkways is a lovely song but as a wedding song ???
I presume you mean the "Love theme from St Elmo's Fire" What a fantastic piece of music Smile

I wonder what peeps would think if a couple were to choose "You're the one that I want" from Grease ???

Or Queen's version of the "Wedding March" (from the Flash Gordon album) which is absolutely brilliant Big Grin

Ja, "Love Theme from St Elmo's Fire". I think Parisienne Walkways is a very sexy song & great to have a romantic dance to.

Jan, you have a very interesting choice of wedding songs! :haha: How about "Poison" by Alice Cooper? Big Grin
>>~V~ę~ñ~ů~Ş~<<
[QUOTE]Originally posted by berlyn
[B]Amazed is sung by Lonestar...

Thanks Berlyn.
I feel Good
Never say never
Quote:Originally posted by Venus
How about "Poison" by Alice Cooper?

That was my hubby's love song to me when we were dating :eek:

I can't remember the name of the song or the artist for that matter, for our wedding song, will have to find out, but it was a lovely, romantic song.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What song(s) gives you "goosebumps"? Curio 22 14,146 12-02-2008, 10:17 AM
Last Post: TheDuck
  Match the song to the movie. Curio 294 81,399 25-08-2005, 09:11 PM
Last Post: Curio
  Match the lyrics to the song. Curio 327 96,278 16-08-2005, 10:58 AM
Last Post: Strawbs
  a song in the movie "Monster" Curio 6 4,700 17-04-2004, 08:43 PM
Last Post: Jangar
  the song fear Safferbeauty 2 7,783 29-01-2004, 11:21 AM
Last Post: picanin
  The easy way to identify a song.... Jangar 0 4,425 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  "Crush on You" the new "ABBA" song... Jangar 0 3,389 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Vote for your Favourite South African song of all time Jangar 0 15,271 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Ekurhuleni - song and dance Newsroom 0 4,092 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: