Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
teething
Quote:Originally posted by Pam M
Just because I disagree with you gives you no right to insult me. You are obviously a complete pratt

I have said that I understand salt is not good in excess, but that my kids were brought up a specific way, and they are fine. Does not mean I was shoveling fistfuls of salt into their mouths. I am also aware of the fact that things are bing discovered all the time that are bad for us, and have been "linked" to illnesses. So tell me, since you are such an expert, what else is there that I have been poisoning my kids with?

you missed the smilies, did you? Big Grin

See my previous post as an answer to your question.

I am neither an expert, nor did I suggest you were a bad parent. I did however say that advising unsafe practises was not a good idea.
Quote:Originally posted by eteechah
True, but then someone needs to come one and point out when the advise given may not be as safe as stated, just to be able to give that person the informed choice. Otherwise, if I kept quiet, I'd be as guilty , morally speaking, as the person advising the unsafe practises in the first place - should anything bad happen. Smile

Well thank you for the advice. One good thing is, we are able to make up our own minds and do what we feel is correct at the time, and whether we want to take advice from others or not. Smile
you missed the smilies, did you? Big Grin

See my previous post as an answer to your question.

I am neither an expert, nor did I suggest you were a bad parent. I did however say that advising unsafe practises was not a good idea.

A few little smilies does not detract from an insult.

Besides, I did not advise the use of biltong, I merely said my own children had it when they were young.
Learn as if you were going to live forever. Live as if you were going to die tomorrow.
--Mahatma Gandhi
Quote:Originally posted by Jillibeans
Well we even use to put salt in our childrens food, because food without salt is awful and my moto is 'if I can't eat it then how could I expect my children to eat it'.

I agree with asbestos and thalidomide, yeah they did think both were great and they weren't but as I said previously to much emphasis is put onto everything and what is actually happening is children today are becoming weaker.

BWHAA HA HA.... Big Grin

I give up. Children are getting weaker because of less salt, and safer medicating and feeding? Big Grin

Tut tut - there was me thinking it had to do with too much tellyu and sitting around, and not enough outdoor activities. I also thought too many anti-bacterial products in the home were also partly to blame, but then what do I know....

ROFL.
BWHAA HA HA.... Big Grin

I give up. Children are getting weaker because of less salt, and safer medicating and feeding? Big Grin

Tut tut - there was me thinking it had to do with too much tellyu and sitting around, and not enough outdoor activities. I also thought too many anti-bacterial products in the home were also partly to blame, but then what do I know....

ROFL.

Well believe me you can laugh all you want, I think a combination of 'no salt', children not allowed to eat or do anything that may 'harm' them, anti-bacterial in the home, wrap up in cotton wool is the biggest problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the rest that you mentioned, yes the whole lot put together and can you imagine what the world would be like in 30 years time!!
Thankyou Jillibeans for you last post... :thumbs:

I agree wholeheartedly...

There are parents who are so overprotective of their children that it has adverse effects on them, both physically and mentally...

And they end up stifling their kids....

I believe that as we discussed in a previous thread that everything in moderation is a good thing, a child will learn good habits in diet and activity if the parents show them what they are...

New Age moms are so blimmin hysterical...they forget to use their common sense.. Rolleyes
*Doer of healing rituals and keeper of brooms.*

*Water flows, Wind blows, Fire glows, Earth grows, Magic shows.*
Quote:Originally posted by Ameniatha
New Age moms are so blimmin hysterical...they forget to use their common sense.. Rolleyes

Well said, Amen!!!!!!
Learn as if you were going to live forever. Live as if you were going to die tomorrow.
--Mahatma Gandhi
hello, this is nt the salt thread. i just wanted to know about teething and what can be done.
Quote:Originally posted by squeaky
hello, this is nt the salt thread. i just wanted to know about teething and what can be done.

Well I hope that you found a little advice amidst the mountains of salt.. Big Grin
*Doer of healing rituals and keeper of brooms.*

*Water flows, Wind blows, Fire glows, Earth grows, Magic shows.*
Quote:Originally posted by squeaky

Squeaky, that is what I thought the thread was about aswell ....... oh well sorry for the hijack ..... Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Teething sooibrand 2 3,474 18-07-2004, 11:30 AM
Last Post: dudette