South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Gardening at Night by Diane Awerbuck.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey ! Lekker a bookclub has been started, thanks for getting this going Icecub ! I look forward to posting and chatting here for sure ...

Will be starting a new book this week got from the library, it is a SA book.

Gardening at Night by Diane Awerbuck.

It is about a young girl's life through childhood and into womanhood. It goes from the 80's to the 90's and takes place in Kimberley - a town which she is trying to leave. Looks like there is drama, comedy and all the reminders of an SA past. I will let you know what it is like.

Icecub

Quote:Originally posted by nikkinaz
Hey ! Lekker a bookclub has been started, thanks for getting this going Icecub ! I look forward to posting and chatting here for sure ...

Will be starting a new book this week got from the library, it is a SA book.

Gardening at Night by Diane Awerbuck.

It is about a young girl's life through childhood and into womanhood. It goes from the 80's to the 90's and takes place in Kimberley - a town which she is trying to leave. Looks like there is drama, comedy and all the reminders of an SA past. I will let you know what it is like.

okay that is fine, let me know...then i can get the book and we can discuss it....

just had a look on amazon....found her.......the review looks good...

anybody else interested?????
I have ordered this book off Amazon and should receive it next week. The review sounded interesting so will give it a go.

Have also ordered a few of Dalene Matthee's books, including her newest one, they should arrive from SA in a few weeks.

Good place to order South Africans books and music:

http://www.kalahari.net
Well I will start my copy over the weekend. Even though there are only 3 of us with this book - lets give it a go and see what gives. I do think this book looks good and as I said it is available at the library too !

The next one should definitely be something from a combined favourite authors list ! So more people can enjoy it.

Anyone else interested in this book ?

Icecub

Quote:Originally posted by nikkinaz
Well I will start my copy over the weekend. Even though there are only 3 of us with this book - lets give it a go and see what gives. I do think this book looks good and as I said it is available at the library too !

The next one should definitely be something from a combined favourite authors list ! So more people can enjoy it.

Anyone else interested in this book ?

i did order my book..should be here this week.....well we will see as i am trying to get the folks interested.....Rolleyes

Icecub

okay got my book.....will start it tonight..Smile
I was going to start mine on the weekend but still had another book to finish - so I will start mine 100% tonight. Hope you enjoy this book, will see you in a few days time for an update to see what you think !

The book looks good - so hopefully the two of you will enjoy this too !
I checked my account with Amazon and apparently the book will only be mailed out in 3 weeks!

Icecub

I started it last night...i must warn u that it is exceedingly difficult to get into..therefore taking my time with this one....she jumps around.....so therefore not the type of book u can sink your teeth into first shot....Smile
Quote:Originally posted by Icecub
I started it last night...i must warn u that it is exceedingly difficult to get into..therefore taking my time with this one....she jumps around.....so therefore not the type of book u can sink your teeth into first shot....Smile

Thanks for the warning. Might take the book and myself off to a cottage over a weekend to read.
Pages: 1 2