South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Have you ever read a book more than once?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Have you ever read a book more than once? If so, which book have you re-read.
I've read The Power of One three times

and when I have nothing else to read... I re-read all the Marian Keyes books!
I have read all my book at least twice. When I am bored, and have no cash to buy books, I simply re-read them. Some I have even read 3 or 4 times. My favourites are: When the Wind Blows (James Patterson), Harry Potter(all of them), If Tomorrow Comes (Sidney Sheldon), and a few others I cannot think of right now.

LOVE Marian Keyes, her books always get a laugh out of me!
I hate reading books twice - what's the point?

But saying that, I did read To Kill a Mockingbird about 15 years after I had read it the first time; and enjoyed it just as much.
Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by dudette

Some books are just too good not to reread several times, each reading uncovers a new delight, a new detail I hadn't noticed before, some line that clings to my mind! Wink
Quote:Originally posted by nikkinaz
Some books are just too good not to reread several times, each reading uncovers a new delight, a new detail I hadn't noticed before, some line that clings to my mind! Wink

I do that too !!! Some books are just way to memorable to be only read once ..........
Quote:Originally posted by dudette

But saying that, I did read To Kill a Mockingbird about 15 years after I had read it the first time; and enjoyed it just as much.
Big Grin
Sort of agree with you on this dudette, but then, I also read To kill a mocking bird and Catcher in the Rye twice.....

Wink
Ja Groundhog Day :p
Quote:Originally posted by Joan
Sort of agree with you on this dudette, but then, I also read To kill a mocking bird and Catcher in the Rye twice.....

Wink

One would have to read Catcher in the Rye more than once in order to understand it and figure it out a bit more; a bit like the His Dark Materials Trilogy, and even the Da Vinci Code (which I haven't yet); but I really struggle with it ... there are so many books out there I haven't read yet, why waste one's time on those that I have?

Smile

I really find this difficult to relate to. My daughter is just like that - she has a whole cupboard of books she has already read, and she reads them again and again. Each to his or her own. Smile
I usually only read a book once but if I had to choose a book to read again it would probably be "A woman of substance" by Barbara Taylor Bradford or "Master of the game" by Sidney Sheldon. I enjoyed both of these books.
Pages: 1 2