Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have you ever read a book more than once?
Have you ever read a book more than once? If so, which book have you re-read.
[Image: bookswap_sig.gif]

The more that you read,
the more things you will know.
The more that you learn, the more places you'll go. Dr. Seuss

"Be who you are and say what you feel,
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr Seuss-
I've read The Power of One three times

and when I have nothing else to read... I re-read all the Marian Keyes books!
I have read all my book at least twice. When I am bored, and have no cash to buy books, I simply re-read them. Some I have even read 3 or 4 times. My favourites are: When the Wind Blows (James Patterson), Harry Potter(all of them), If Tomorrow Comes (Sidney Sheldon), and a few others I cannot think of right now.

LOVE Marian Keyes, her books always get a laugh out of me!
Learn as if you were going to live forever. Live as if you were going to die tomorrow.
--Mahatma Gandhi
I hate reading books twice - what's the point?

But saying that, I did read To Kill a Mockingbird about 15 years after I had read it the first time; and enjoyed it just as much.
Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by dudette

Some books are just too good not to reread several times, each reading uncovers a new delight, a new detail I hadn't noticed before, some line that clings to my mind! Wink
[Image: bookswap_sig.gif]

The more that you read,
the more things you will know.
The more that you learn, the more places you'll go. Dr. Seuss

"Be who you are and say what you feel,
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr Seuss-
Quote:Originally posted by nikkinaz
Some books are just too good not to reread several times, each reading uncovers a new delight, a new detail I hadn't noticed before, some line that clings to my mind! Wink

I do that too !!! Some books are just way to memorable to be only read once ..........
Quote:Originally posted by dudette

But saying that, I did read To Kill a Mockingbird about 15 years after I had read it the first time; and enjoyed it just as much.
Big Grin
Sort of agree with you on this dudette, but then, I also read To kill a mocking bird and Catcher in the Rye twice.....

Wink
Ja Groundhog Day :p
Quote:Originally posted by Joan
Sort of agree with you on this dudette, but then, I also read To kill a mocking bird and Catcher in the Rye twice.....

Wink

One would have to read Catcher in the Rye more than once in order to understand it and figure it out a bit more; a bit like the His Dark Materials Trilogy, and even the Da Vinci Code (which I haven't yet); but I really struggle with it ... there are so many books out there I haven't read yet, why waste one's time on those that I have?

Smile

I really find this difficult to relate to. My daughter is just like that - she has a whole cupboard of books she has already read, and she reads them again and again. Each to his or her own. Smile
I usually only read a book once but if I had to choose a book to read again it would probably be "A woman of substance" by Barbara Taylor Bradford or "Master of the game" by Sidney Sheldon. I enjoyed both of these books.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mary Higgins Clark - a new book nikkinaz 1 3,475 21-04-2006, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Jangar
  Got a book, want to swap .... nikkinaz 4 4,102 18-07-2005, 02:20 PM
Last Post: Pronkertjie
  So what book are you looking forward to reading next ? nikkinaz 5 4,659 12-07-2005, 05:10 PM
Last Post: nikkinaz
  Richard and Judy's Summer Read nikkinaz 0 3,387 20-06-2005, 01:48 PM
  Richard and Judy's new book list for 2005! nikkinaz 8 4,983 10-02-2005, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Pampered
  Another Pelzer book.... nikkinaz 1 3,530 10-02-2005, 07:21 PM
  Which book ? .... nikkinaz 17 8,082 03-12-2004, 06:49 PM
Last Post: Avo
  Cannot find a book....... nikkinaz 0 3,323 16-08-2004, 07:05 PM
  Book Discussion - The No.1 Ladies' Detective Agence dudette 11 7,191 01-07-2004, 05:50 AM
  Another book for June ? nikkinaz 16 8,503 17-06-2004, 05:24 PM