South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: cottage pie....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Icecub

does anybody have a tried and tested recipe they use....i could use what i have in the books...but a tried and tested one would be nice...Smile

what they call here it is a shepherd's pie...Smile
Quote:Originally posted by Icecub
does anybody have a tried and tested recipe they use....i could use what i have in the books...but a tried and tested one would be nice...Smile

Shepherds is made of minced lamb and cottage is made of minced beef.

Dolla

Quote:Originally posted by Icecub

Hi cubbie, I have replied on MT as well, but forgot to add. We normally mix lamb and beef mince as well.. Big Grin

Icecub

Quote:Originally posted by Mark
Shepherds is made of minced lamb and cottage is made of minced beef.

why thank u mister....:thumbs:

dolla..i got yours on MT...thanks....Smile

Dolla

We made the best sheppards pie ever this weekend! Big Grin
Cooked the mince with vegetables for ages and made some nice cauliflower and broccoli with a cheese sauce. Yum!
(And there is still left over for tonight!)
can u believe i have never made this
it is making my mouth water - i will have to make some
sounds easy too ! even better !
i always add a splash of mayonnaise to my spuds...it makes a much smoother mash!
Quote:Originally posted by Ade
i always add a splash of mayonnaise to my spuds...it makes a much smoother mash!

:thumbs:
aha ! i will try this !!!

Dolla

Quote:Originally posted by jewels
can u believe i have never made this
it is making my mouth water - i will have to make some
sounds easy too ! even better !

Jewels you should really try it! For something different, add sour cream and chives with a dollop of butter for the mash. It is amazing ( I tend to get stuck into this even before I started 'building' the pie :haha: )
Quote:Originally posted by Dolla
Jewels you should really try it! For something different, add sour cream and chives with a dollop of butter for the mash. It is amazing ( I tend to get stuck into this even before I started 'building' the pie :haha: )

aha ! where do i buy sour cream? dont laugh - i have never seen it in the shops ! i bought a chives plant yesterday ! LOL
i can totally understand u tucking inot the mash before the pie is ready ! :haha:
Pages: 1 2