Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breast scan
Quote:Originally posted by webtalk2003
Sounds interesting. Where/how do I find out.

Your local HA should be able to tell you...but your surgery should know whether they have entered into the new contract.

As far as your records are concerned....Data Protection Act........you may have copies of all your info, I am not sure how much it costs, but there is also a certain time delay.....

Forgotten all that stuff, but contact your local HA
Hi Tau, just wondering how the scan went on Tuesday, hoping all is okay.
Quote:Originally posted by webtalk2003
Oh well. Am not going to ask for what is in the past, but will definitely ask the surgery what their new protocols are from now on in.

Thanks Joan.

End of hijack
Here they refer to it as "Advanced Access"
I have had pains on the left side of my upper body for on and off about 3 yrs now. They range from my breast, under my arm, down my left arm and more recently in my chest. When I first got them, (in my breast) I promptly went to my GP who sent me for a mamogram and scan and I was given the all clear (also did a full chest x ray and lungs and heart appeared to be normal). Recently went to the GP with the pains in my chest and he listen to my heart with the stethoscope and said there was nothing wrong with my heart...so who knows...I just live with the discomfort Sad
Quote:Originally posted by sue w
I have had pains on the left side of my upper body for on and off about 3 yrs now. They range from my breast, under my arm, down my left arm and more recently in my chest. When I first got them, (in my breast) I promptly went to my GP who sent me for a mamogram and scan and I was given the all clear (also did a full chest x ray and lungs and heart appeared to be normal). Recently went to the GP with the pains in my chest and he listen to my heart with the stethoscope and said there was nothing wrong with my heart...so who knows...I just live with the discomfort Sad

Sue, I would ask for a second opinion because that does not sound right. I my view if there is pain something is wrong and for it to go on for 3 yrs, I would get a 2nd opinion definitely.
Well I went to ho and see the 'breast' doctor. They have found a lump about 1cm in diameter. The doctor is not sure why I have the pains, but he recons it is related to the lump. He didn't want to do a needle biopsy because the lump is situated right under my nipple. He thinks that it looks benign but I am to have another scan in 3 months time to check if the lump has changed at all. He did say that I should get back to him if anything changes in the mean time. I am sort of relieved, but also not too sure if he says that he 'thinks' it is benign. I will be on constant lookout now. Will keep you posted on my progress. Thank you all for all your good wishes. :thumbs:
Tau, thanks for keeping us updated and we wish you the best, hoping all works out well. Smile
Quote:Originally posted by Jillibeans
Sue, I would ask for a second opinion because that does not sound right. I my view if there is pain something is wrong and for it to go on for 3 yrs, I would get a 2nd opinion definitely.

Ja Jillibeans, I will get it checked out...it is just an annoying ache that come and goes rather than a severe pain, but never the less, you are right, pain in any form means something is not 100%.

Tau, you watch that lump like a hawk....Take care of yourself......and let us know how things are going...
I was looking though the threads the other day and came upon this one and thought I was lucky as everything so far has gone ok with me,

but recently I have felt a strange lump and though I am off to the doctors I can only imagine a fraction of fear people go through when it comes to this, tau you are brave, I mean half of me is simply to scared to go to the doctors I am only 24 it's problem nothing but never the less I wish tomorrow was over already. its weird cause sometimes I just don't check in case I realise my worse fears. Oh well I will have to see what tomorrow brings.
It all dpends
Saxon

It is good to get it checked out anyway. I am only 29...so almost in the same boat. My lump is still there, as well as the pain. My next scan is June 30th. He wants to see if the lump has changed in structure etc. I have now started back at the gym and getting on with my life...no point in worrying about something that you can do nothing about anyway. Hope all goes well. Let us know
how you got on. Good luck. Tau

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Breast Implants - The Risks Bushbaby 22 10,921 08-03-2004, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Joan
  Housework cuts breast cancer risk Pronkertjie 0 3,869 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: