Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gearing up for Spring
Well, the list of plants up and going in my kitchen is getting longer by the day.

At the moment I have dill, thyme, sweet basil, arrat basil, monstrous basil and bay ready for transplanting. The parsley is taking a bit longer to sprout but the seedlings should be poking their heads above the soil in the next couple of days.

Recently moved from the hot press to the kitchen (this morning) are tomatoes (Brandywine, Purple Calabash and Thompsons Seedless Grape), Eggplant (Pingtung Long and Rosa Bianca) and Salsola Soda/Okahijika.

The chillies and bell peppers are still in the press - can expect them to sprout in the next week or two.

How are your spring preparations coming along?
Going with the flower, rather than veg garden, so coming along nicely in the propgators and seed trays at the minute:

Bizzy Lizzies
Anthemis
Sweet Peas (including a beautiful cultivar called King Size Navy)
Lavender
Lobelia
Cosmos
Nicotiana (one variety is a lovely puke lime colour!)
Evening Primrose
Star of the Veldt (Fothergills have mispelled, not me!)

My hosta's are still refusing stubbornly to germinate Rolleyes But I haven't given up yet

I have just potted up a nice batch of climbers including Clematis Nelly Mosser, Passionflower and Jassmine

Outside ready to go in (see thread on manure pellets) are Russell Lupins, Marguerites (silver princess) and Virginia Creeper.

I also have a lovely 30cm corkscrew hazel waiting for a slot which will make a great winter feature.

BTW, the Mexican Marigolds will be going in to the seed trays I picked up last night over the weekend, will keep you posted.
We got Star of the Veldt as well, as well as seed for morning glory and black eyed Susan (soft colours, not orange) and a bag of mixed bulbs, the only one that I recognise being the gladioli. Must admit I suck at flower gardens, am much happier with veggies (greater margin for error).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spring preparations Bushbaby 4 3,664 24-03-2005, 03:06 PM
Last Post: Bushbaby
  Spring Flowers Bushbaby 6 3,809 27-01-2005, 06:55 PM
Last Post: Pampered