Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IS circumcision of a new born a form of child abuse?
SueW I think my stance is similar to yours- it should be our child's choice.

I don't think Mgv was trying to be offensive and imply our hygiene was less than the average jewish womens but perhaps trying to find a reason for the lower cervical cancer rates. I think the papiloma virus and multiple partners probably has more influence.

Hygiene seems to be the most common reason people choose circumcision and I think I'll borrow a response from a weblink I was sent. My children don't brush their teeth very well but that does not meen I'll have their teeth removed as a preventative measure.
Joan do you know if all groups of religions that practice ritual circumcision have lower rates of cervical cancer in their womenfolk?
Quote:Originally posted by Jemlet
Hygiene seems to be the most common reason people choose circumcision and I think I'll borrow a response from a weblink I was sent. My children don't brush their teeth very well but that does not meen I'll have their teeth removed as a preventative measure.

Well said Jem Wink
In many instances it is a religious thing. I have nothing against those that do have it done, my own personal belief is that if there was no need for a foreskin, we would not have been born with one and leave it alone. There are so called benefits and those are at best opinions. I have heard of men having it done later in life for various medical reasons but they are far and few between.
SPAM in a can....Now available in regular, turkey, Lite and HOT
it is quite common for some little boys to develop abcesses under the foreskin due to an infection......which then results in being circumsized.....it is not always a hygiene problem...

but i think even if you have or have not been circumsized....good hygiene is a must.......my son is not circumsized due to personal and private intentions....but i do make sure he knows how to clean himself properly and thoroughly....Wink
Within the past year 2 studies in the Journal of Urology found that adult circumcision does not adversely effect male sexual function. One study found no difference in sex drive, erection, ejaculation or overall satisfaction 12 weeks or more after adult circumcision, while the other found that more men reported benefits than harm from adult circumcision, and 62% were satisfied with having been circumcised as an adult. The current evidenced- based benefits of circumcision include protection against kidney infections, HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases, and penile and uterine cancer, not to mention local penile infections, skin disorders and genital hygiene. These documented advantages should be measured against anecdotes and testimonials of the anti-circumcision groups claiming the sexual advantage of the foreskin, contentions that now have been contradicted by the medical facts.

Read further:
http://www.medicirc.org/newsletter/0207improve_sex.html
Quote:Originally posted by Toktokkie
Within the past year 2 studies in the Journal of Urology found that adult circumcision does not adversely effect male sexual function. One study found no difference in sex drive, erection, ejaculation or overall satisfaction 12 weeks or more after adult circumcision, while the other found that more men reported benefits than harm from adult circumcision, and 62% were satisfied with having been circumcised as an adult. The current evidenced- based benefits of circumcision include protection against kidney infections, HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases, and penile and uterine cancer, not to mention local penile infections, skin disorders and genital hygiene. These documented advantages should be measured against anecdotes and testimonials of the anti-circumcision groups claiming the sexual advantage of the foreskin, contentions that now have been contradicted by the medical facts.

Read further:
http://www.medicirc.org/newsletter/0207improve_sex.html

Interesting read thanks Toktokkie Cool
Quote:Originally posted by Oi!gen
My mother (yes, my mother!) taught me to wash properly - every day. I naturally assumed that all men in the 21st century kept themselves clean. :p

Mmmm. Wonder how many men in the 21st century change their underwear every day, shower/bath daily or even wash their hands after using a public restroom? I knew a man from Norway who showered once a week. He claimed to do so more often dried the skin out. He also changed his underwear on his shower day.

Quote:Originally posted by Oi!gen
I don't think it makes much of a difference sexually whether a man is circumcised or not. It is merely a matter of preference. And choice.

Agreed.
I knew a man from Norway who showered once a week...... He also changed his underwear on his shower day.

Eeeeewwwwwww Sad
I knew a man from Norway who showered once a week. He claimed to do so more often dried the skin out. He also changed his underwear on his shower day.
Was his name Cletus? Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Price of a Child Toktokkie 7 5,401 31-10-2005, 08:46 AM
Last Post: oe-la-la
  Registering A New Born Baby Bean of Love 2 4,546 28-02-2005, 01:15 PM
Last Post: mcamp999
  Child Trust Fund Accounts dudette 1 3,891 16-02-2005, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Bean of Love
  First, second and third child.... Icecub 4 3,948 24-02-2004, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Ameniatha
  Reasons not to mess with a child Jillibeans 4 4,778 08-02-2004, 05:56 PM