Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New books
Hubby's gonna kill me.....just come back from Waterstones, where I have bought 5 new books (this makes about 20 odd in the last 2 months or so.....:o )

this is what I got:

A Hat Full of Sky - Terry Pratchett (the book I have decided to read from Bushbaby's suggestions for June)
Shopaholic (how apt!) Ties the Know - Sophie Kinseall
Rachel's Holiday - Marian Keyes (been dying to get this book for ages!)
Frankie and Stankie - Barbara Trapido (I'll do a brief synopsis - sounds brilliant!)
The Reading Group - Elizabeth Noble

A Synopsis on Frankie and Stankie, by Barbara Trapido:

This is the story of Dinah, growing up in South Africa in the 1950s and 1960s. Living with liberal parents, she experiences apartheid with growing disgust, but nevertheless does not allow it to interfere with the importance of a first boyfriend, doing well in exams and finding best friends.

Frankie and Stankie is a marvellous book. Trapido's trademark light touch is wonderfully on display as characters, both average and extraordinary are brought to life beautifully. But underlying her usual vignettes is the history of South Africa. For those who know little about the country this is a fantastic introduction to exactly what the Boer War was, to the way in which the British and Afrikaans battled for supremacy, and the attempts to undermine the regime of apartheid
Learn as if you were going to live forever. Live as if you were going to die tomorrow.
--Mahatma Gandhi
A hat full of sky - I got that one last week - have not started it in earnest but I love Terry Pratchet books....

Shopoholic - all the books are easy reading.... you will enjoy that one.... Try the Bergdorf Blondes for another easy read .... hehehe
To regret past mistakes is to live them over again....... move on and live your life without regret!
Quote:Originally posted by Spacegirl
A hat full of sky - I got that one last week - have not started it in earnest but I love Terry Pratchet books....

Shopoholic - all the books are easy reading.... you will enjoy that one.... Try the Bergdorf Blondes for another easy read .... hehehe

Who's the author? (as if I need more books right now Big Grin )
Learn as if you were going to live forever. Live as if you were going to die tomorrow.
--Mahatma Gandhi
Quote:Originally posted by Pam M
Who's the author? (as if I need more books right now Big Grin )

http://www.globalbuzz-sa.com/forums/show...genumber=1

2. Bergdorff Blondes by Plum Sykes

"A tale of park-Avenue princesses and their shopping expeditions, charity balls, search for rich fiancees and high-maintenance lifestyles"
And your collection grows :p

I managed to get a Hatful of Sky...but will leave that to read in the 1st week of June. (I got my from the Library...a REAL 7 letter word around here - eh?!!)Wink

Frankie and Stankie is a great book I read it last year and you are sure to enjoy it. Barbara Trapido's books are good I have another one called Juggling...I will read at some stage.
Just to add a spanner to the works...did you see Amazon have a special on too - Big Grin Big Grin
Paperbacks--3 for £12
Hot Summer Deals - Get 3 for £12* on a huge range of paperback titles.

Pam you got a lot of reading to do....! Enjoy ....!Big Grin
[Image: bookswap_sig.gif]

The more that you read,
the more things you will know.
The more that you learn, the more places you'll go. Dr. Seuss

"Be who you are and say what you feel,
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr Seuss-
Quote:Originally posted by nikkinaz
Just to add a spanner to the works...did you see Amazon have a special on too - Big Grin Big Grin
Paperbacks--3 for £12
Hot Summer Deals - Get 3 for £12* on a huge range of paperback titles.

Pam you got a lot of reading to do....! Enjoy ....!Big Grin

Nooooooo!!! Don't tell me about any more book deals! It's your fault I went to Waterstones in the first place! Wink I probably would have just ended up going to Ottakards.....Big Grin
--Mahatma Gandhi
Quote:Originally posted by Pam M
Nooooooo!!! Don't tell me about any more book deals! It's your fault I went to Waterstones in the first place! Wink I probably would have just ended up going to Ottakards.....Big Grin

going to shop on amazon later..as i want some more cd's and books...Big Grin .. got to start my collection of summer reads for our holidays.....Big Grin
Okay now I am just plain looking for it....BUT....just wanted to let you know that Borders also has a 3 for 2 special and the books are very good there too! Big Grin

Nikki runs...outta here with a VERY fast pace, ducking Pam's klap !Wink
[Image: bookswap_sig.gif]

The more that you read,
the more things you will know.
The more that you learn, the more places you'll go. Dr. Seuss

"Be who you are and say what you feel,
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr Seuss-
Quote:Originally posted by nikkinaz
Okay now I am just plain looking for it....BUT....just wanted to let you know that Borders also has a 3 for 2 special and the books are very good there too! Big Grin

Nikki runs...outta here with a VERY fast pace, ducking Pam's klap !Wink

Nah, I have to exercise some SEROIUS self restraint here! Hubby is going to have my guts for garters when he gets the Amex bill....(good thing it won;t be for a while:o Big Grin )
--Mahatma Gandhi

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where do you buy or borrow your Books from ? nikkinaz 11 6,786 19-09-2006, 12:08 AM
Last Post: Jangar
  What kind of books do you like reading ? nikkinaz 5 4,506 26-07-2006, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Pampered
  All of Jodi Picoults Books... nikkinaz 3 4,273 14-10-2005, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Surita
  Children's books lols 0 3,032 15-07-2005, 08:50 PM
Last Post: lols
  New load of books.... Icecub 3 4,220 02-09-2004, 08:42 AM
Last Post: Icecub
  Books into movies! nikkinaz 13 6,967 08-06-2004, 05:58 AM
Last Post: dudette
  Childrens books dudette 5 4,114 07-06-2004, 06:43 AM
Last Post: Jillibeans
  Afrikaans books Surita 3 3,892 02-06-2004, 12:29 PM