Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old wives tales!!!!!!!!
I was told that if I ate while lying down I'd grow horns (... I checked my head regularly! Smile )
And if I played with fire I'd wet my bed.

I've heard all of those except the chocolate during pregnancy. I was also told if you tickle the baby's feet it will stutter. (now how many stutterers were tickled as babies? Wink )
Quote:Originally posted by dudette
I was told that if I ate while lying down I'd grow horns (... I checked my head regularly! Smile )

I've heard all of those except the chocolate during pregnancy. I was also told if you tickle the baby's feet it will stutter. (now how many stutterers were tickled as babies? Wink )

NOOOOOOOOO....growing horns...shame Dudette...:haha: bribery and corruption...LOL

also not so much a wives tale but true......wear matching or clean undies-should u be in a car accident at least your underwear is not in a sorry state...:haha:

my Mom said always wash your feet before you go to bed or else the Angels will not take a child with dirty feet...:haha:

I was also told if you tickle the baby's feet it will stutter. (now how many stutterers were tickled as babies? Wink )

Oh Ja, I forgot about that oneBig Grin !!!!!!! and the fire/wetting bed story Rolleyes

Big Grin I thought those were something that my folks had made up...... nice to see that you were told the same dudette.

I was told that my eyes would fall out if I ever started smoking..... still waiting - just hope my kids listen to that one though.
Quote:Originally posted by Icecub
also not so much a wives tale but true......wear matching or clean undies-should u be in a car accident at least your underwear is not in a sorry state...:haha:
ag jissie...if i was in an accident ....i don't think i..nor the doctors...nor even the paramedics would take the time to check the state of my underwear!! Rolleyes :wall: Big Grin
......wear matching or clean undies-should u be in a car accident at least your underwear is not in a sorry state...:haha:

If you saw a bus hurtling towards you at 50 mile an hour Im not so sure you underwear would be in the same state as when you left the house anyway! ... if you get my meaning Wink :haha:
I was also told if you tickle the baby's feet it will stutter. (now how many stutterers were tickled as babies? Wink )

I was told if you tickled a babies feet it would end up going and remaining cross eyed! :confused: .... ill never forget it ... I must have been about 13 and my friends mom just had a baby boy and I was tickling his feet and she told me to be careful :haha: .... Ive not seen him since so I hope he isnt a speccy four eyes with a distinctive squint! .... I couldnt live with the guilt! :haha:
Quote:Originally posted by Shellsbells
I was told if you tickled a babies feet it would end up going and remaining cross eyed! :confused: .... ill never forget it ... I must have been about 13 and my friends mom just had a baby boy and I was tickling his feet and she told me to be careful :haha: .... Ive not seen him since so I hope he isnt a speccy four eyes with a distinctive squint! .... I couldnt live with the guilt! :haha:

shame poor child.....obviously my child is lucky...no squint in sight...:haha:

my Mom said always wash your feet before you go to bed or else the Angels will not take a child with dirty feet...:haha:

Never heard that one, but a good one to use for my children Smile

I was also told to go to be with clean undies for that very reason, :haha:
For some reason its not a very good thing to be in hospital with undies not in tip-top condition Wink
Ah, but it is also important to wear pyjamas in bed in case the house burns down......Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  inherited parenting practices & old wives tales Piglet 21 12,151 21-01-2004, 08:33 AM
Last Post: Piglet