Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Read 1 year around the world....
I have been thinking of trying something for fun - and hopefully there will be a few takers.

Who would be interested in reading a book each month - a book set in a different country. We could either all read the same book or perhaps read our own choice but one would have to stick to that country. If we are reading different books then the genre does not matter. Sometimes one can learn a fair deal about a different culture and country when it is set far away from ones own roots. We could base a chat around the books and also about that particular country what you learnt about it, things from the bookÂ…nothing serious but light easy fireside chats.

So the idea would be to select either a book and country or just a country!
[Image: bookswap_sig.gif]

The more that you read,
the more things you will know.
The more that you learn, the more places you'll go. Dr. Seuss

"Be who you are and say what you feel,
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr Seuss-
nikkinaz Wrote:I have been thinking of trying something for fun - and hopefully there will be a few takers.

Who would be interested in reading a book each month - a book set in a different country. We could either all read the same book or perhaps read our own choice but one would have to stick to that country. If we are reading different books then the genre does not matter. Sometimes one can learn a fair deal about a different culture and country when it is set far away from ones own roots. We could base a chat around the books and also about that particular country what you learnt about it, things from the bookÂ…nothing serious but light easy fireside chats.

So the idea would be to select either a book and country or just a country!

I would be interested...but Nikkinaz i read at such a fast pace, one book a month is not enough for me.... :yikes:

I normally do this when i am about to visit a country, i go and get books based in that country...tell you i have learned alot of stuff.... :thumbs:

So i am for it..... :thumbs:
I have voted for both. I love reading books about other countries.
[Image: qubranch_sig.gif]
Fiction or non fiction. I like getting the travel books out of the library so would be keen for either.. love reading fiction based in countries I would love to go to!
In love there are two things - bodies and words.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Richard and Judy's Summer Read nikkinaz 0 3,362 20-06-2005, 01:48 PM
Last Post: nikkinaz
  Which comic book did you read? Icecub 12 7,184 13-05-2004, 03:50 PM
Last Post: Icecub
  Have you ever read a book more than once? nikkinaz 18 7,659 11-05-2004, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Bushbaby
  Where do you like to read ? nikkinaz 12 6,659 16-04-2004, 07:17 PM
Last Post: Icecub
  BBC Big read - all 100 ! nikkinaz 6 4,716 15-04-2004, 06:45 PM
Last Post: Pampered
  Reading Around the World nikkinaz 0 4,345 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  So any takers for Reading Around the World ? nikkinaz 0 4,856 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  BBC's Big Read... nikkinaz 0 4,743 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Top 10 Countries that Read Jangar 0 3,927 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: