Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have you ever read a book more than once?
Quote:Originally posted by Mark
Ja Groundhog Day :p

:haha:

To answer the original question, I often reread books, even Agatha Christie...
Quote:Originally posted by Jangar
:haha:

To answer the original question, I often reread books, even Agatha Christie...

O gonna Piet Jangar, must I send you some new books dear friend???????

I agree though about Catcher in the Rye, it was after all a book that sort of started the "teenage revolution"......... but like the books of John Irving (World according to Garp, A Prayer for Owen Meany, etc)....one has to read some more than once to really grasp the true meaning and/ or understanding.
Like The Foutain Head.............I do not know to this day whether I agree or disagee....... or even like the book!

Wink
Quote:Originally posted by Joan
O gonna Piet Jangar, must I send you some new books dear friend???????

I agree though about Catcher in the Rye, it was after all a book that sort of started the "teenage revolution"......... but like the books of John Irving (World according to Garp, A Prayer for Owen Meany, etc)....one has to read some more than once to really grasp the true meaning and/ or understanding.
Like The Foutain Head.............I do not know to this day whether I agree or disagee....... or even like the book!

Wink

Maybe I should've mentioned that it is only good books I reread Wink
Quote:Originally posted by Jangar
Maybe I should've mentioned that it is only good books I reread Wink
I know Jangar......

How else, you would not be able to find anything , would you......
btw, have you tidied that room yet???????

:o
[QUOTEbut like the books of John Irving (World according to Garp, A Prayer for Owen Meany, etc[/B][/QUOTE]

World According to Garp. One of my best books ever!! Read it first when I was about 12, and I have read it twice since then. Could not make myself watchthe movie, though. Thought it would ruin the book for me.Big Grin
Learn as if you were going to live forever. Live as if you were going to die tomorrow.
--Mahatma Gandhi
Another book I dearly love and have read twice now, is: "Roots", by Alex Haley.

I battled for years to get a copy, as it is out of print. My stepmom knew I loved it, and found a secondhand copy for me one year. One of my best pressies ever. What a stunning book!
Learn as if you were going to live forever. Live as if you were going to die tomorrow.
--Mahatma Gandhi
I regularly reread books. If there's a gap of several years between each read, you don't remember all the details. My favourite book, which I've probably read 3 times is "The Mists of Avalon" by Marion Bradley.
>>~V~ę~ñ~ů~Ş~<<
Quote:Originally posted by Joan
I know Jangar......

How else, you would not be able to find anything , would you......
btw, have you tidied that room yet???????

:o

Still busy... LOL Threw away a few kg's of old bills and the like on Thursday, relegated a few books to the basement Sad so now the room is liveable.... Just have to sort out the boxes of 4 track tapes as well as connect the old casette player to the comp so that I can convert those classics to digital and hang my bokkie on the wall and and and and the list goes on... LOL

And as long as I can find the trivia questions everyone is happy Big Grin
Saints, by Orson Scott Card, is a book I thumb through whenever I need a bit of a spiritual lift.

Every book of Terry Pratchett and Anne McCaffrey has been read at least 3 times, usually a great deal more. For sheer escapism alone.

I love Lawrence G. Green books, and read one of his whenever I am feeling homesick and need to recapture something of the magic of my youth. The Africa he writes about is the Africa of adventure and mystery, exactly the kind of place I dreamt of as a kid.

There are others too that get read time and again, but the above is what I return to most frequently.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mary Higgins Clark - a new book nikkinaz 1 3,444 21-04-2006, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Jangar
  Got a book, want to swap .... nikkinaz 4 4,049 18-07-2005, 02:20 PM
Last Post: Pronkertjie
  So what book are you looking forward to reading next ? nikkinaz 5 4,601 12-07-2005, 05:10 PM
Last Post: nikkinaz
  Richard and Judy's Summer Read nikkinaz 0 3,362 20-06-2005, 01:48 PM
  Richard and Judy's new book list for 2005! nikkinaz 8 4,915 10-02-2005, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Pampered
  Another Pelzer book.... nikkinaz 1 3,500 10-02-2005, 07:21 PM
  Which book ? .... nikkinaz 17 7,981 03-12-2004, 06:49 PM
Last Post: Avo
  Cannot find a book....... nikkinaz 0 3,294 16-08-2004, 07:05 PM
  Book Discussion - The No.1 Ladies' Detective Agence dudette 11 7,097 01-07-2004, 05:50 AM
  Another book for June ? nikkinaz 16 8,381 17-06-2004, 05:24 PM