Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where do you like to read ?
I know that everyone has a usual spot where they like to read where is yours ?

Mine for sure is day or night curled under a duvet, in bed - preferably with chocolate. I also enjoy reading on a plane, train when I go on holiday. I always end up buying a book at duty free, but I cheat cause I normally have another one with me - just a good excuse to buy another book. Big Grin I hardly ever read in a chair unless it is a lazy boy which goes folds almost flat like a bed...then that's okay. :p

Edit: I almost forgot I HAVE to have company ie 2 cats curled up like ying/yang's next to me. Smile
[Image: bookswap_sig.gif]

The more that you read,
the more things you will know.
The more that you learn, the more places you'll go. Dr. Seuss

"Be who you are and say what you feel,
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr Seuss-
I generally tend to read in bed at the end of the day, but I also like to read on the couch with my feet up and obligatory snacks to keep the sugar levels up. Reading is hard work, you know! Wink
On the bed, lying on my stomach with the book on the floor....
After a while to much blood goes to your head and you feel a bit funny then I get up and get something to snack on and back on my tummy.
Moenie kwaad gaan slaap nie, bly wakker en baklei

Bird of prey

What you are isn't written down in stone

Lover of all things RED especially wine

''aai aai die witborskraai''
I have a lazee-boy type chair, so that is where I do most of my reading! Also in bed before I go to sleep...

If it warm and sunny outside, I grab a blanket and go lie on the grass with my book!
Learn as if you were going to live forever. Live as if you were going to die tomorrow.
--Mahatma Gandhi
Quote:Originally posted by Pam M
I have a lazee-boy type chair, so that is where I do most of my reading! Also in bed before I go to sleep...

If it warm and sunny outside, I grab a blanket and go lie on the grass with my book!
I can't read in the sun .... it gets too bright and hurts my eyes...i end up dozing.

I am pretty much like Dudette..on the couch..with a few snacks.... if i lie down..the intention is to doze...if i sit on the couch...i want to read and stay awake.

I wish I was one of those people who could read in a car, plane or train, but unfortunately I suffer from motion sickness.
In a nice hot bubble bath Big Grin

so long as its not a heavy book.......cos then my arms start to ache trying to keep it out of the water Rolleyes
Quote:Originally posted by MzInterpret
I can't read in the sun .... it gets too bright and hurts my eyes...i end up dozing.

I am pretty much like Dudette..on the couch..with a few snacks.... if i lie down..the intention is to doze...if i sit on the couch...i want to read and stay awake.

I wish I was one of those people who could read in a car, plane or train, but unfortunately I suffer from motion sickness.

Oh, I hate reading in a car. Can do it on a train/plane but not in a car...makes me feel sick!
Moenie kwaad gaan slaap nie, bly wakker en baklei

Bird of prey

What you are isn't written down in stone

Lover of all things RED especially wine

''aai aai die witborskraai''
Same here - I can't read in a car either without feeling nauseous. Sick
I haven't tried it on a train yet, and an aeroplane is fine.
Quote:Originally posted by dudette
Same here - I can't read in a car either without feeling nauseous. Sick
I haven't tried it on a train yet, and an aeroplane is fine.

Only form of transport I can read on is an aeroplane - all the rest make me violently carsick. Cannot even read a mapbook....Sad
Learn as if you were going to live forever. Live as if you were going to die tomorrow.
--Mahatma Gandhi
I do most of my reading on the train to work and back each day. I have a 'train book' in my bag at all times.

But I also like to read before I put the lights out.. even if it is just a couple of pages - really relaxes me

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Richard and Judy's Summer Read nikkinaz 0 3,362 20-06-2005, 01:48 PM
Last Post: nikkinaz
  Which comic book did you read? Icecub 12 7,184 13-05-2004, 03:50 PM
Last Post: Icecub
  Have you ever read a book more than once? nikkinaz 18 7,658 11-05-2004, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Bushbaby
  BBC Big read - all 100 ! nikkinaz 6 4,715 15-04-2004, 06:45 PM
Last Post: Pampered
  Read 1 year around the world.... nikkinaz 0 3,434 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  BBC's Big Read... nikkinaz 0 4,743 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Top 10 Countries that Read Jangar 0 3,927 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: