Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
good place for food and beer in bruges
we are in brugge in a couple of weeks time and wondered if anyone can tell us about any place good for beer and food, but not touristy, we arent at oour best in mega touristy bars.....dank u wel
may you all lead interesting lives, also, may you fall in love with africa
Stay away from the main square - they are really expensive there. Go to a tiny little square called Minnewater (if memory serves me right), it is where the horse carriages start. All the restaurants around there are lovely. The one looking out over the canal is especially good. I really can not remember the name but I think the canopy over the windows were either dark green or burgundy!
I still love chocolate.
thanks surita,ive had too many bad experiences at so-called main squares and now avoid them like the plague........but i will look for the minnewater
bruges was pretty, pretty boring...........twas a very pretty place but everything shut down at 10pm............great beer but blerrie expensive........E2.25 for 250ml not very economical............first night food was delish, and cost E80.......second night was vile and cost E75.; there didnt seem to be any middle ground........on day three we had to escape to bureaucratic brussels which although not my cup of tea it was a welcome break..........advice to anyone from me.............ghent is much, much nicer........and seems more REAL too............oh and surita, the good meal was at the minnewater where you recommended, dankie
Do give me a warning , when next you come to Bruxelles ( everbody ) ,
I've been living here since 1999 and think I know a few interesting spots , by now...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good News today , from Belgium Ray 0 4,865 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: