Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
newborns
Quote:Originally posted by sue w
Like Telement drops.....boy did that work.....used it for all 3 of mine

Brilliant stuff!! Problem though, I think Squeaky's baby Beth is being breast fed......
Learn as if you were going to live forever. Live as if you were going to die tomorrow.
--Mahatma Gandhi
she is being breats fed. and she does get burped, i've been given that responsibility. and more often than not i get puked on. yeahBig Grin
Quote:Originally posted by Pam M
Brilliant stuff!! Problem though, I think Squeaky's baby Beth is being breast fed......

A friend of mine used it too, and she breastfed. Can't it be given before the feed?
Quote:Originally posted by squeaky
she's not that cute at 4 in the morning!
what can be done to prevent colic?

Squeaky, not all babies develop colic. However, my son had it from the day he was born & it stopped suddenly when he was about 6 weeks old. I used to dip his dummy into gripe water rather than give him a proper recommended dosage & always used Infacol before a feed. I also found that the colic improved greatly when I had him sleeping in bed next to me. I'm a single mom so this was an easy solution for me but, understandably, not so easy when you're a couple & one of you has to get up for work in the morning! Big Grin I also learnt some brilliant baby massage techniques which helps to shift any stubborn wind as well as relaxing the baby. Get a very mild baby lotion that is scented with camomile & lavender, then VERY GENTLY rub it into the baby's tummy in circular movements in a clockwise direction (the direction of the intestines) & then the same on the back but in an anti-clockwise direction.

The medical world don't really know what causes colic yet & in really bad cases, some doctors even recommend taking your baby to a chiropractor as it's suspected that colic may even be caused by a minor injury during birth.

I also strongly recommend this web site to anyone who is a parent of a baby or about to become a parent: http://www.babycentre.co.uk/
>>~V~ę~ñ~ů~Ş~<<
Quote:Originally posted by dudette
A friend of mine used it too, and she breastfed. Can't it be given before the feed?

Ja, you can mix a couple of drops with some milk and give it on a spoon beofre a feed.
thanx for all the tips peeps. will look into them. beth doesnt have colic and i pray she never will get it. it's just good to know what to do incase it does happen.
Quote:Originally posted by squeaky
quick tip, dont do it!:p

hehehehehehehyehe
Quote:Originally posted by sue w
No probs jewels. All the "Global Tannies" will be more than happy to give a hand with the li'l ones even if it is only a cyber hand:p

ahhh thanks Smile
at 30 and nearing 31 - i feel i am responsible enough now to start ! LOL

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Eye Infections In Newborns Bean of Love 7 5,335 09-05-2005, 06:58 PM
Last Post: Ameniatha