Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frank Lord - Cape Town City
Read in the papers last week that Frank Lord the former Manager of Cape Town City in the late 60's early 70's had passed away.

I will always remember Frank for the times he would 'fall out' with us referees and linesmen during matches and straight after matches, yet the next time you met up all was forgotten.

:rip:
Always enjoy life - and remember there is always someone worse off than yourself - treat others as you yourself would want to be treated.
rest in peace Frank

another forever young man departs our earth

:rip:

sad news indeed
How sad. :rip: Cape Town City was my "team"......those were the days with Big Ben Andersen....
penelope don't get this bunch going Wink

me was a Hellenic supporter .. till last year when they folded

I know Big Ben from his days as manager at Green Point Football club. He was the first person to use me for pre-season training, getting the players fit.

Smile
sad to hear, I have many memories of watching the top Cape Town team perform, and he could always be counted on to get some quality guest players.

How many do you remember Penelope?

Gary France (with the white boots)
John Sissons
Donald Gie (also died in tragic circumstances)
Peter Lorimer
Kevin Keegan

Will have to get the memory cells going now
http://www.chesterfield-fc.premiumtv.co....65,00.html
mcamp999 Wrote:sad to hear, I have many memories of watching the top Cape Town team perform, and he could always be counted on to get some quality guest players.

How many do you remember Penelope?

Gary France (with the white boots)
John Sissons
Donald Gie (also died in tragic circumstances)
Peter Lorimer
Kevin Keegan

Will have to get the memory cells going now
My memory cells seems to have disappeared don't remember any of the above names. Do you know whether Hartleyvale still exists??
There were also two Bobby's there....a friend of mine got married to one of them....if I remember correctly they were from the North of England.
TheDuck Wrote:penelope don't get this bunch going Wink

me was an Hellenic supporter .. till last year when they folded

I know Big Ben from his days as manager at Green Point Football club. He was the first person to use me for pre-season training, getting the players fit.

Smile

Those were the days....I went out with Ben a few times.....was just looking at photo's of him in my album....what a hunk he was don't know whether he still is....
penelope Wrote:My memory cells seems to have disappeared don't remember any of the above names. Do you know whether Hartleyvale still exists??
There were also two Bobby's there....a friend of mine got married to one of them....if I remember correctly they were from the North of England.

Hartleyvale is now a hockey stadium, the railway stand and the Hoskin stand have been pulled down.

Some more players include Mick Hill and Alan Welsh will have a think about the Bobby's
mcamp999 Wrote:http://www.chesterfield-fc.premiumtv.co....65,00.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cape Town soccer at a crossroads mcamp999 2 4,083 30-07-2005, 10:48 AM
Last Post: mcamp999
  Cape Town City hilton_teper 0 12,695 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: