Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Persistant Right Aortic Arch - Labrador puppy - advice and tips please
Howzit all

If anyone has some hints, tips etc for raising a labrador puppy that has got this, it'd be much appreciated.

Have any of you experienced this with your pet (its not really common in Labradors, more so in German shepards, etc).

Are there pitfalls, blah blah blah.?

Basically my little puppy had a successful operation today but surgically its the last and best thing that they can do for him.

The next month is crucial for him to begin eating again and hopefully he'll regain a normal life and become a little monster that we dearly love.

I know that this is going to be a case of trial and error but I'm committed to giving him the best shot there is.

Any comments, advice etc would be much appreciated.
Awwwhhhh Cheffie.... I'm sorry!

Hope he will recover completely from it.

:daisy:
Shame, Cheffie, I hope he'll be okay. Sad I found this web site, which I hope will be useful. Please keep us undated on his progress. Smile
>>~V~ę~ñ~ů~Ş~<<
Venus Wrote:Shame, Cheffie, I hope he'll be okay. Sad I found this web site, which I hope will be useful. Please keep us undated on his progress. Smile

Howzit Venus and Blom

Thanks for the well wishes. I saw the site last week Monday and was most upset. From the positiveness and hopefulness shown by the nurses and doctors over the weekend, it seems he is a little fighter.

I'll know a little more later today but as its their first case of a labrador, it's really going to be a case of trial and error.

I'll keep you updated and hopefully there'll be some more people who can reply with their own experiences etc.
Hope all goes well with the four legged member of your family...know what it's like!
Hi Cheffie

good to hear things are looking a little more positive

Smile :babyroll:
Thanks Duckie and Penelope.

Penelope... do you mean you've been through the same thing with your pets?

If so I'd love to hear how you managed Smile
Please let us know how he is doing! Hopefully heaps better.... in such a way that he will bring you your slippers for many, many years to come Smile

:daisy:
Cheffie Wrote:Thanks Duckie and Penelope.

Penelope... do you mean you've been through the same thing with your pets?

If so I'd love to hear how you managed Smile

I haven't been through the same but have had pets that have been ill and had to have ops. What I meant was the worry about them pulling through. One does what one can to help them but there's no guarantee that everything will be 100%. You can't put a price on a life. You probably think that I'm crazy but a few years ago I spent R6000 on vets fees......that was for a budgie. A new budgie costs R300!! Last year we had our hamster operated on & then ended up having to give him cortisone injections.
Hi Penelope

Thanks for the feedback. Thanks Blom for the well wishes too Smile

The little monster is doing fine by the looks of it, though I say that with trepidation...

So far so good. He's been keeping down his meals very nicely, doesn't seem as sluggish and listless as before and seems to have a real little fighting character about him..

He knows he's loved and is especially spoiled by the better half... and is a real pleasure to watch him get readjusted to his surroundings without all the playful nurses.. Wink :innocent:

Early days yet, but i'm positive that he'll make a great recovery.
Touch wood! :thumbs:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kitty advice needed Bushbaby 11 5,612 06-04-2004, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Pampered
  My puppy's hurt Toktokkie 34 11,845 11-03-2004, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Toktokkie
  Our puppy... 0 4,728 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: