Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which book ? ....
Quote:Originally posted by nikkinaz
Well Dave Pelzer definately has knocked my socks off, I have read all of the books and the final one I read for two-thirds of the day and actually feel quite drained !

i will have to try his 2 books after It then !
Yip Jewels, do you have A Child called IT ?

Cause the second two are better, the first just really is the background and the horrific abuse, I find the aftermath the most emotional during his teens and adult years. But definately worth the read. I cannot sing enough praises for the books.
[Image: bookswap_sig.gif]

The more that you read,
the more things you will know.
The more that you learn, the more places you'll go. Dr. Seuss

"Be who you are and say what you feel,
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr Seuss-
Quote:Originally posted by nikkinaz
...for you has touched your heart - that is a story you will never forget ? It might have even had an effect on your life!

"H" by Christiane F.
"Go ask Alice" by Anonomys

Both about drug abuse and teenage girls :bigcry:

And also "Not without my Daughter" - Sorry but I cannot find the book right now Sad

And also "Where are the Children?" by Mary Higgins Clark (based upon a true story...)

But as far as happy stories are concerned it has to be Michael Ende's "Never Ending Story" Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by Jangar
"H" by Christiane F.
"Go ask Alice" by Anonomys

Both about drug abuse and teenage girls :bigcry:

And also "Not without my Daughter" - Sorry but I cannot find the book right now Sad

And also "Where are the Children?" by Mary Higgins Clark (based upon a true story...)

But as far as happy stories are concerned it has to be Michael Ende's "Never Ending Story" Big Grin

have read "not without my daughter" stunning book..really touched me...it shows how u how a mother's love can stretch..
edited by me....blonde moment :o
Learn as if you were going to live forever. Live as if you were going to die tomorrow.
--Mahatma Gandhi
Quote:Originally posted by Pampered
Oh My Goodness, I read a similar named book to "Go Ask Alice" (Cannot recall the title) when I was about 12. and I have NEVER forgotten that book!! After I read it, it was actually banned....and I could understand why, as it was shocking to read!!! It was by a girl who lived in Germany though....Would love to get a copy of it!!

As for Not Without My Daughter, I have heard about that, I will try and read it! :thumbs:
Learn as if you were going to live forever. Live as if you were going to die tomorrow.
--Mahatma Gandhi
Orson Scott Card's 'Enders Game' and 'Saints'. The second book in particular had a great impact on me.
Pampered Wrote:It's pretty much a toss up between two books: I have Life, as told by Mariann Thamm, and A Child Called It, by Dave Pelzer

Most definitely agree with you Pam!

Another book that made a great impact on me is Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt. It is a true story, about his life growing up in Ireland. As much as what he is writing about is tragic, he writes in such an hilarious way that I was constantly laughing. The book also inspired me, as, in spite of unbelievable hardships, this guy had dreams which he was determined to reach ... and successfully did so

:read: :read:

:daisy:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mary Higgins Clark - a new book nikkinaz 1 3,493 21-04-2006, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Jangar
  Got a book, want to swap .... nikkinaz 4 4,125 18-07-2005, 02:20 PM
Last Post: Pronkertjie
  So what book are you looking forward to reading next ? nikkinaz 5 4,677 12-07-2005, 05:10 PM
Last Post: nikkinaz
  Richard and Judy's new book list for 2005! nikkinaz 8 5,026 10-02-2005, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Pampered
  Another Pelzer book.... nikkinaz 1 3,551 10-02-2005, 07:21 PM
  Cannot find a book....... nikkinaz 0 3,340 16-08-2004, 07:05 PM
  Book Discussion - The No.1 Ladies' Detective Agence dudette 11 7,264 01-07-2004, 05:50 AM
  Another book for June ? nikkinaz 16 8,597 17-06-2004, 05:24 PM
  Book Genres dudette 3 4,011 01-06-2004, 09:44 PM
  Book and habits nikkinaz 7 5,086 01-06-2004, 07:45 AM
Last Post: Bushbaby