South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: What travelling have u guys done??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Quote:Originally posted by Jillibeans
Birdie that is not bad going, must say you would enjoy Europe especially in the summer!:thumbs:

Yeah I can't wait...I've studied so many places...it is hard to believe sometimes that they are only a hour on the plane away and I've never been to see it. I think when we first got here we thought there is loads of time to do that....but from next year it is a priority!!!

Daniela

Quote:Originally posted by Bandit
I've travelled round the bend a few times

:p

you too huh! ...am on my 21st trip :o

Well still being in SA....it gets a bit toughSad but have done SA quite extensively and then UK, Scotland, Amsterdam, a bit of France and Paris, Saarbrücken Germany.
Italy and Egypt as a child but would love to do them again.
Now to win the lottery so I can do a whole lot more...
Jeepers but there are some of you that HAS travelled. Some great places you oke's has been to - I am jealous :o

PAV I like your idea of fun and the African countries you have done.

I was born in a tourism family (my dad being a big knob in SA tourism) Sadly because of .. you all know what we never left SA or neigbouring countries.

My dad left SA the first time when he was 60 and I "officially" left SA when I was 39.

Unofficially I have visited :

Papua New Guinea - a fantastic place - saw it all - most revolting lelikste vrounens in die wereld and men with bones through their noses but a fantatsic place Big Grin
Singapore
Hong Kong
Mozambique / Zimababwe / Zambia / Angola and Sout West Africa - extensively but .. unofficially. Rolleyes

Officialy I can say I know South Africa - we travelled to every place imaginable and then being a pilot afterwards I think I know my own country and therefore maybe the love of the place.

From the Kalahari to Opupa falls in Nam to Sodwana to Messina to Vryburg - Postmasburg - and the bush in the middle of the Karoo .. done it seen it and LOVE it ! Big Grin

Other travels in Africa : (as I am a proud LOUD African as well)
Kenia
Tanzania
Malawi
Zanzibar
Equatorial Guinea
French Guinea (extensively)
Kassa Islands
Liberia
Nigeria
Ghana (extensively)
Ivory Coast
Gambia
UK (about 20 times)
Amsterdam
Brussles

For the future ?

A trip via road from Sierra Leone via Guinea to Burkino Faso.
At Bamako I take a 3 day ferry up the Niger river Timbukto.

If all goes well the journey might include Morocco and Senegal.

I have three Ethiopian engineers - I have promised to visit Adis Abbaba and co for 5 years now - and I am running out of excuses Wink

God Bless you all on your travels !
I seem to have lost my original post!!"!

SA,
Botswana
Lesotho
Swaziland
Canary Isles
Greece
Cyprus
Egypt
Israel
Palestine
US
Canada
Holland
Quote:Originally posted by Icecub

Something i want to do as well but will have to organise maybe a [b]girlie
weekend etc...is go skiing......as hubby and son cannot do that sort of thing....

Maybe we can organise something like that here hey??? [/B]

Cubbie, U are welcome to crash at our place if you ever want to go skiing in the future, although we are an hour away from the nearest skiing ( Oberstdorf, on the Austrian Border right in the south of Germany ) you can get there in 45 min by train, and if u do it on a weekend they allow a discount train fare for up to 3 adults and 3 kids return for just 28 Euro on a Saturday or sunday.

Also Friedrichshafen airport can be done using Ryan air. Also about 45 min by train from us.

Get some buddies together, and U are welcome if U dont mind blow up matrasses etc.

Jillibeans can give U more info if U like.

Daniela

Quote:Originally posted by Bandit
You should get a season ticket Wink

Big Grin

More like life time membership:haha:

Forgot to mention York extensively and

Verdun in France - French Resistance Town and stayed in the Cathedral (with bats in the bellfryand all ) which has been turned into a boarding house......you can see the bullet marks from where people got executed agaist the church wall very moving place.

Icecub

Quote:Originally posted by jimswin
Cubbie, U are welcome to crash at our place if you ever want to go skiing in the future, although we are an hour away from the nearest skiing ( Oberstdorf, on the Austrian Border right in the south of Germany ) you can get there in 45 min by train, and if u do it on a weekend they allow a discount train fare for up to 3 adults and 3 kids return for just 28 Euro on a Saturday or sunday.

Also Friedrichshafen airport can be done using Ryan air. Also about 45 min by train from us.

Get some buddies together, and U are welcome if U dont mind blow up matrasses etc.

Jillibeans can give U more info if U like.

Thanks for the offer - might just do that.....Smile

blow up mattresses get used all the time here...so no worries there...would love to meet u both!!!

Will round up some girls soon...!!

cheekiladi

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Icecub
[B]since arriving here in the UK.....

We have indeed been blessed with a good inning and i want to share with u all what travelling we have managed to do with a child in a wheelcair......:thumbs:

Very very impressed, I have a son in a wheelchair and I have been considering just London with much concern

Icecub

Quote:Originally posted by cheekiladi
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Icecub
[B]since arriving here in the UK.....

We have indeed been blessed with a good inning and i want to share with u all what travelling we have managed to do with a child in a wheelcair......:thumbs:

Very very impressed, I have a son in a wheelchair and I have been considering just London with much concern

U know London is the worst city to get around with aWheelchairs....u cannot get a tube as there are no lifts, (no sure how it is now) but very difficult.....first investigate your options and see where u wanna take your son and try to find ways to make it easier....get a black cab as they are excellent with wheelchairs, i am not sure of buses.....never actually tried a bus in London except tour buses....Smile

cheekiladi

Quote:Originally posted by Icecub
U know London is the worst city to get around with aWheelchairs....u cannot get a tube as there are no lifts, (no sure how it is now) but very difficult.....first investigate your options and see where u wanna take your son and try to find ways to make it easier....get a black cab as they are excellent with wheelchairs, i am not sure of buses.....never actually tried a bus in London except tour buses....Smile

Regarding the black cab, my thoughts exactly...and will definitely have to research very carefullySmile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7