South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: What travelling have u guys done??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
mcamp999 Wrote:Smile Yep, sitting at work with nothing to do, so thought I would re-visit some areas Wink

Ag shame.... are you there all day?

:daisy:
Pronkertjie Wrote:[COLOR=Navy]Psssttttt mcamp..... are you dusting the archives today Wink

My thoughts exactly !! Angel
Haven't even seen these threads before ..........

Travelled around a bit in SA, but still lots of places I'd like to see. Must admit, and ashamed to say I have not seen enough of this amazing country .........
Namibia, not much - Vioolsdrift and surroundings comes to mind, though .......
The US - priveledged to have lived there for 3 yrs (yep, Mcamp - just loved it there !!)
- Chicago, San Francisco, Hollywood, New York (Ooohhh - Macy's, 7th Avenue - would never be the same again !!!), Beverley Hills, Los Angeles, (just know I've been an angel there in a previous lifetime !!!!), Boston, etc, all glorious places !!!!
States I've been to: California, Idaho, Oregon, Utah, Colorado, Louisiana, Mississippi, Seattle, Florida, Georgia, Texas, Virginia, North & South Carolina, Nevada. Adored Disney Land, twice - would love to go there again !!!!
Victoria, in Canada.
Phillipines - Manilla and surroundings - lots of islands there, not sure how many I've been too,
Singapore
Hongkong
Taipei in Taiwan
Indonesia and Malaysia - Kuala Lumpur the most beautiful and neat airport and city I've ever been too, even more than Singapore - me thinks ......
Switzerland
Germany
Borneo
Mauritius
Cape Verde Islands - not because I wanted to, had an emergency landing there due to aircraft problems ...... used up TWO of my nine lives :bigcry: !!!
Australia - one thing I can agree with you, Mcamp - beautiful beaches and great cities - cannot stand those people, though ............ even their accents pi$$es me off, mate .........
New Zealand - wonderful cultural riches, made me think of SA .......
And the UK - sadly only ever had connection flights from there, never had the joy of experiencing anything !! Should rectify that soon ......... even if it's only to raid Harrods !!!! :rofl:
Dream destinations - France, Greece, Egypt, Zanzibar and Mexico !!!!

Ohhh, dream on !!! :wings:
mcamp999 Wrote:Smile Yep, sitting at work with nothing to do, so thought I would re-visit some areas ; )

Thanx for "digging up" this thread Smile

I see that I haven't added my :2cents:

Swaziland, on many an occasion as a child
Lesotho
Transkie
Actually most of SA Big Grin

Did a back-pack tour of Northern Europe many moons ago...

Started in Luxembourg
Germany after that
Based myself in Denmark and visited
Sweden (visiting a good friend of mine)
Norway (Went up quite high in Sweden and then straight across to Norway, mid summer and there was snow on the mountains Rolleyes and then down south to visit / stay with family)
Germany again...
Then Holland where my Swedish friend and I stayed with her brother for a few days before I move on to London for a few days.
Back to Germany yet again...
Spent a day or two recuperating in Denmark before going to the David Bowie concert in Stockholm.
Did Germany a few more times...
Finally I took an overnight train to Paris, spent a few miserable days there and from there Luxembourg again and back to SA

Since then I've done Norway a few times as well as Thailand Smile

And of course the U.K.

London (almost too many times)
Ash's bash in Kent
Cambridge ( I love Cambridge Smile )
And Devizes quite a few times and I love that area even more than Cambridge...
Pronkertjie Wrote:Ag shame.... are you there all day?

Yep, sure am from 07.30 till 10.30
Jangar Wrote:And Devizes quite a few times and I love that area even more than Cambridge...

Are you sure its just the area :innocent: :innocent:
mcamp999 Wrote:Smile Yep, sitting at work with nothing to do, so thought I would re-visit some areas Wink

Ever travelled by way of mind ??

Leaving from the Right Front Lobe - travelling across the great river of Cerebellum, flying across to wonderous un-explored lands ??

Done that many a times - I mean visiting places inside my head, eg. Taramaharu !! GREAT way of travelling and visited many a place !!!

PS: Ok, I might sound crazy - but surely can recommend that for boring moments ........... !!!

:wings:
Almitra Wrote:Ever travelled by way of mind ??

Leaving from the Right Front Lobe - travelling across the great river of Cerebellum, flying across to wonderous un-explored lands ??

Done that many a times - I mean visiting places inside my head, eg. Taramaharu !! GREAT way of travelling and visited many a place !!!

PS: Ok, I might sound crazy - but surely can recommend that for boring moments ........... !!!

:wings:

And it's cheap too :haha:
mcamp999 Wrote:Are you sure its just the area :innocent: :innocent:

Very sure...

And of course the people are nice too...

Especially one particular family :innocent:
Jangar Wrote:And it's cheap too :haha:

Might be cheap, but well worth the effort !!!
:haha:

Especially when visiting that one particular family !!!!

:rofl:
Almitra Wrote:Might be cheap, but well worth the effort !!!
:haha:

Especially when visiting that one particular family !!!!

:rofl:

I was thinking of mind travelling Smile

And I go to Devizes every night in my dreams Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7