South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: What travelling have u guys done??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Ray Wrote:Probably wasn't the nicest of your memories , from The City of Lights , I'd agree ;
wouldn't you think it tough , though , to judge the whole taxi brigades of a 10 million+metropolis by just one such incident ?
( I have taken a few taxis from La Gare du Nord and found them spotlessly clean , nice-smelling and drivers friendly and ready to answer questions and offer advice ...if anything : alltogether much nicer experience , than taking a taxi from Bruxelles Gare du Midi...)

Perhaps I am judgemental about Parisian taxi drivers, but I have earned the right to be Wink Close on the Parisian heels are Mauritian taxi drivers. Best are the USA ones. What are your preferences Ray?
Tania Wrote:Perhaps I am judgemental about Parisian taxi drivers, but I have earned the right to be Wink Close on the Parisian heels are Mauritian taxi drivers. Best are the USA ones. What are your preferences Ray?
Not one to try and outdo others, but what is your opinion of Italian taxi drivers, I was so cared......The Lupino taxi company...

:crylol:
At one time , I seem to remember , it was , like :
U take a cream-coloured ( jis like in Frankfurt , hey ! ) , A/C'd lekker big Merc one , complete with some Indian shaking his turban-ed head sideways , all the way from the Alamo club in Jumeirah , Dubai and
to the DXB Airport , some 02.00-03.00-inthe morning-ish ;
then U drink more & fly , & drink some more , good stuff , in-flight , on the friendly and luverrlly Emirates Airbus ;
whereafter , once safely in Baku : U can't help but bribe some & other long-term unwashed , unshaved , dangereous , machine-guns-armed krazy machos ,
after which , v.v. expensively-pre-booked but : shagged-out 1981 Lada takes U into the Mad Max scenery of Azebeijan , gas'n'oil fires burnin' brightly all around , your "taxi" ( -wreck ) slaloming around fallen-off exausts and other debris on the potholed single "hi-way" ...
No , no : that's the wrong response!Sorry !
( More : next time around , promise ! )
Whatever U do , Tania - be careful with "the taxis" , ek se!
But :
When next U come to Bru , I offer to collect you personally ,
"sans taxi-s"
and : let this be "for the record" !!!
Hugz
R.
...but , for whichever Microsoft-reason : I failed miserably ;
suffice it to say , that the only multi-experiences of Italy I have , are all noth of Bologna i.e. we reach those by own car/s...noticing , however , that :
- the time & effort to get a parking anywhere thereabouts ( N. Italy ) still remain mind-boggling ;
- as are the mother-spoilt' male-chauvinistic arrogances unlimited,
- and the the absence of any "bon ton" , in the "human" race
...and the astronomic pricing of fuel ( and of AutoStradae , and of parking )...
'Nuff said ? ( although : my wife's forever crying , to go there , again...
So :
thanks heavens , then : for all of the ab-fab grub and those espressoes , they always seem to have handy...

Icecub

since arriving here in the UK.....

We have indeed been blessed with a good inning and i want to share with u all what travelling we have managed to do with a child in a wheelcair......

I will start.....

The first yr we visited the Far East, did Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan, and Thailand, then spent Xmas in the Algarve, Portugal,
The following yr we did Mediterranean cruise, visited Italy (Venice, Rome, Sorrento, the Amalfi Coast), Spain (Barcelona), Greece (Athens, some small islands), France (Monte Carlo},
We then did Madeira, Cyprus, Orlando (Florida), Switzerland),
We did a trip to Australia, part business and part pleasure, went to Perth, Cairns - visited the Great Barrier Reef, and also visited Sydney,
We then did small trips to Dublin, the Lake District, trips to London,
We then did a Caribbean Cruise, starting from Fort Lauderdale, did the Eastern Caribbean, starting from Port Everglades, visiting St Thomas, St Maarten etc, then the following week did the Western Caribbean, visiting Grand Cayman Islands,Costa Maya & Cozumel (Mexico), stunning trip,
Last yr did Cornwall, Amsterdam and did the Kruger National Park,

This yr doing the Alaskan Cruise and visiting the Canadian
Rockies,

and in between all these trips have been fortunate to visit South Africa once a yr... Gosh i am amazed at how much we have covered....and plan to do more.....

Okay an update.....

We did Alaska and the Rockies...Canada is one country i have truly fallen in love with....absolutely God's Kingdom second to heaven.... :lovef: :lovef:
Stunning place...we managed to do alot while we were there....

Went up in a helicopter and landed on a glacier - which was stunning...
Went up the Athabasca Glacier in one of the National Park and got drink glacier water....divine...
Saw some stunning wildlife....beautiful....do it if you can....not a country to be missed....

Did South Africa again last yr, but managed to take my son to Cape Town - he loved it..

We did Paris and EuroDisney....nice places....

We stayed at the Castelelliogne Hotel on the Rue St Honore...very posh place i must say....same road as Versace, Gucci, Hermes, Robert Cavalli...divine shops...but the prices.. :yikes:

Now to plan the next trip after our trip to SA in April....

Hmm..where next...any ideas?

:thumbs:

Icecub

Ray Wrote:Isle of Man ,.

so u been in my part of the world? when Ray?

Icecub

Tania Wrote:SA, Lesotho, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Transkei, Ciskei, Zanzibar, Maldives, Mauritius, Egypt, Ireland, Wales, Scotland, UK, Netherlands, Germany, France, Belgium, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Cyprus, Portugal, Spain, Luxembourg, Monaco, Turkey, Dubai, Singapore, Taiwan, Japan, Australia, Mexico, USA, Canada

Sadly most of my non-African travels were business related thus I did not see more than airports, offices, taxis and hotel rooms.

Worst taxi drivers - Paris
Worst airport - Maputo

Best food - Austria
Best beaches - Mozambique
Best people - South Africa

Hey honey....

Hubby visited Nigeria last yr....he said that is the worst airport he has visited...waited 90 min to get their luggage - plus they got delhi belly in Nigeria.... :yikes:

oh ja best ppl....south africa for sure... :thumbs:

Icecub

sue w Wrote:Count me in Cubs....I would love to do something like that!!!!!!!!!Should be a good laugh!!!!!

Sue..u still game..i reckon we should try and make it for next yr...wot you think? :lovef:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7