Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gordon Ramsay - Hells Kitchen
Quote:Originally posted by Icecub
one thing that confuses me Rolleyes is they do not seem to have any recipes in front of them, how do they know what ingredients to add?? sorry if i am being thick here, but i am intrigues??Rolleyes

Thye'll have flash cards or something like that so they can refer to it during service if need be.

The majority of the work has been done in the morning/ afternoon prep session with the finishing off being done in the evening 'a la minute'
one thing that confuses me Rolleyes is they do not seem to have any recipes in front of them, how do they know what ingredients to add?? sorry if i am being thick here, but i am intrigues??Rolleyes

They prepare each individual portion in the day with the recipes, so that when it comes to the evening they just open a little container and that has the correct ingredients for the sauce etc. Some of the puddings are done on the night and they do use recipe books for those.

The main thing is, these people don't even know what the difference between rare and well done is, let alone that a pinch of salt is exactly that - i.e. just a pinch!!!!
There's no place like home.............
Quote:Originally posted by Cheffie
Thye'll have flash cards or something like that so they can refer to it during service if need be.

The majority of the work has been done in the morning/ afternoon prep session with the finishing off being done in the evening 'a la minute'

so something like a hot sauce over the fish would be made last minute as it cannot be kept all day!! and fish - do they prepare it then put it in the fridge for later??
i think it is rubbish

i dont see the point in having 'celebs' trying to cook someones dinner
after all that is not what they do or want to do

ramsey has been overplayed - i enjoyed nightmares but just tired of it all now

ater all - how cares - it is slapping up a meal, that is all
no biggie
many more ppl do much more interesting and important jobs
so something like a hot sauce over the fish would be made last minute as it cannot be kept all day!! and fish - do they prepare it then put it in the fridge for later??

The sauces they would make a la minute or to order.

The fish would be prepped (ie: filleted, pinboned, trimmed and scored) but not cooked until an order was placed for it.

Jewels..

They all volunteered to be part of the programme, as did the restauranteurs from Kitchen Nightmares... and a portion of the whole show goes to charity.

Granted there are loads of interesting jobs out there.. I can't say I'd be glued to the telly to watch 'paint dry - day three of the painters life' Wink

Everyone has to eat... Chefs seem to be very much in vogue.. and Ramsay has a lot of pulling power or just a commanding presence in the kitchen Wink

What will you be doing at 9 tonight? Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by Cheffie

What will you be doing at 9 tonight? Big Grin

hopefully watching bad girls if it is on :haha:
Well two budding 'Chefs' have quit the heat in the kitchen..

Dwain Chambers IMHO will need more than a few nights in a highly charged atmosphere, incumbent with foul language, passions running high and the odd temper flaring to make him happy.

Happiness comes from within and he needs to seek professional help with his depression..

The DJ.. well it was only a matter of time before a guy in shades was turfed out of the kitchen. Perhaps his only saving grace was leaving without being asked to Wink LOL

Slowly but surely the contestants seem to be coming together as a team and they're progressing from an awful first few nights to something that might actually be salvageable.

Who knows what they might be able to produce in a week's time Wink

As always, Angus Deayton is a brilliant host :thumbs:
I watched it last night and was fascinated at how a kitchen works!
Amazing how much swearing went on
And who noticed that the clock is half an hour behind - its supposed to be live!

Not only that I saw in the paper yesterday he stabs the lobster to death with a knife, and he is supposed to be one of the best chefs in the world, or am I just being stupid. Whatever happened to dropping it in boiling water.
Quote:Originally posted by alwayssmilin
Not only that I saw in the paper yesterday he stabs the lobster to death with a knife, and he is supposed to be one of the best chefs in the world, or am I just being stupid. Whatever happened to dropping it in boiling water.

i thought that is what they do
he stabbed it then slid the knife up the body thru its head
then put it in the water

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gordon Ramsay - kitchen nightmares Cheffie 36 15,842 21-05-2004, 03:27 PM
Last Post: Icecub