Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gordon Ramsay - Hells Kitchen
Quote:Originally posted by jewels
i thought that is what they do
he stabbed it then slid the knife up the body thru its head
then put it in the water

he actually stabbed it thru the brain whilst alive....
i thought they plunge them straight into hot water myself....

Cheffie help here please.....Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes
Quote:Originally posted by Icecub
he actually stabbed it thru the brain whilst alive....
i thought they plunge them straight into hot water myself....

Cheffie help here please.....Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes

Well coming from Cape Town with a brother in law who is in the fishing industry, believe me you dunk them in boiling water. Die man is skoon simple, to big for his boots I think.
Quote:Originally posted by alwayssmilin
Well coming from Cape Town with a brother in law who is in the fishing industry, believe me you dunk them in boiling water. Die man is skoon simple, to big for his boots I think.

i should plunging them in hot water is agony for them, but then again they dood within seconds...not sure about killing them thru the brain, what if he misses??? Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes
He said he cuts through the brain because this is the quickest way of killing them.
There's no place like home.............
The mans a plonker,the guests are plonkers,the program is rubbish...
Ahh alright,its great..Giving Vic Reeves a telling off......well done
Quote:Originally posted by alwayssmilin
Not only that I saw in the paper yesterday he stabs the lobster to death with a knife, and he is supposed to be one of the best chefs in the world, or am I just being stupid. Whatever happened to dropping it in boiling water.

One of the most humane ways of killing a lobster is to plunge the knife directly into the brain, thereby killing it instantly. Some environmental groups advocate placing the lobster in a freezer for about 30minutes prior to it being required, causing it to be numbed and then putting it in the boiling water/ killing it with a knife in the brain.

'stabbing' the lobster conjures up a picture a la Jack Nicholson in Psycho - not the way that this is achieved Wink

On a totally different note...

Great to see the team actually coming together and the gelling of service starting to take place. Sure there are a load of celebrities out there wanting to have a laugh at their expense - so far they're improving on a daily basis and the contestants are actually doing the work and receiving the compliments!

Chef Ramsay is the one who is able to put it all together.. however tomorrow looks to be an entirely different story.

One of the 'celebs' are going to be voted to 'run the service'!

sure to be a corker Big Grin
Hmmm, who saw Edwina standing up to Gordon Ramsay's ranting? Granted, she did have four risotto's returned, but did that justify him calling her a B*****?
Quote:Originally posted by dudette
Hmmm, who saw Edwina standing up to Gordon Ramsay's ranting? Granted, she did have four risotto's returned, but did that justify him calling her a B*****?

i never saw that, but i would not stand for that...!!:mad: :mad:
Quote:Originally posted by Icecub
i never saw that, but i would not stand for that...!!:mad: :mad:

Its simple, i f u dont like the heat, get out the fire Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gordon Ramsay - kitchen nightmares Cheffie 36 15,849 21-05-2004, 03:27 PM
Last Post: Icecub