Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gordon Ramsay - Hells Kitchen
Quote:Originally posted by alwayssmilin
Not really worth watching, the same as big brother just a load of rubbish. I find programs like Restaurants from Hell, holidays from hell much more entertaining. If they want to do a program like this why do they not take ordinary people from the street, it is sickening that they use these boring rich brats that do not have two brain cells that match anyway. As for Gordon Ramsey who is supposed to be one of the best cheffs in the world, his language and behaviour shows one that he may have the tallent, the money, but when it comes to class and finess, he surely lacks these. To give one person a tough time , and scream at one person you can understand, but to treat a few people like this, insult his customers as well shows one that he does not have the skill in something as simple as teamwork, and absolutely no customer skills. He has forgotten who pays the bill at the end of the evening and then still insults them.

You are not missing anything.

Some valid points especially big brother Wink

The rest in principle I have to disagree with you.. afterall its in my blood Wink Big Grin
well i must say ol Angus Deayton has guts, for facing the cameras after the humiliating experience he went thru himself....Wink Wink must have a thick skin..
Not really worth watching, the same as big brother just a load of rubbish. I find programs like Restaurants from Hell, holidays from hell much more entertaining. If they want to do a program like this why do they not take ordinary people from the street, it is sickening that they use these boring rich brats that do not have two brain cells that match anyway. As for Gordon Ramsey who is supposed to be one of the best cheffs in the world, his language and behaviour shows one that he may have the tallent, the money, but when it comes to class and finess, he surely lacks these. To give one person a tough time , and scream at one person you can understand, but to treat a few people like this, insult his customers as well shows one that he does not have the skill in something as simple as teamwork, and absolutely no customer skills. He has forgotten who pays the bill at the end of the evening and then still insults them.

i agree with you, soort soek soort Cool Cool

and nope have not watched much of both programmes,

hehehehe
i agree with BB - havent watched that - what a load of rubbish
Quote:Originally posted by Cheffie
Some valid points especially big brother Wink

The rest in principle I have to disagree with you.. afterall its in my blood Wink Big Grin

You dont go and make a pratt of yourself on tele, behave like a brat, and hopefully treat your staff with respect. it is always better to help them that way you get more co-operation from them. So come on Cheffie I refuse to believe that you behave in this manner.
oi!Sad
leave the poor post production lot out of it - they can't help giving the "populace" the cr£p they desire:p (dem's are is my pals hey!)
actually you are 100% right, the producer will drive the video footage where he wants it to go, not having seen any of it i cannot comment, but it sounds like standard fare
You dont go and make a pratt of yourself on tele, behave like a brat, and hopefully treat your staff with respect. it is always better to help them that way you get more co-operation from them. So come on Cheffie I refuse to believe that you behave in this manner.

AlwaysGrinning..

I don't believe I always behave in this manner, nor do I profess to be anything remotely angelic Wink

There are a lot of instances where I cringe thinking 'OMG he's going to lose it!' and nothing comes of it - perhaps that too is on the editing floor LOL

However it is still a seriously 'as close to real life in a professional kitchen' scenario as you'll find. Nothing comes close to it, save for books I can recommend.

Though it might seem strange and the whole lifestyle is totally against your beliefs, morals, standing, class etc... it's in your blood or it isn't. Simple.

Cubbie..

Angus has indeed proved that a little irony and wit can convey the message too - in a powerful way Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by Cheffie
AlwaysGrinning..

I don't believe I always behave in this manner, nor do I profess to be anything remotely angelic Wink

There are a lot of instances where I cringe thinking 'OMG he's going to lose it!' and nothing comes of it - perhaps that too is on the editing floor LOL

However it is still a seriously 'as close to real life in a professional kitchen' scenario as you'll find. Nothing comes close to it, save for books I can recommend.

Though it might seem strange and the whole lifestyle is totally against your beliefs, morals, standing, class etc... it's in your blood or it isn't. Simple.

Cubbie..

Angus has indeed proved that a little irony and wit can convey the message too - in a powerful way Big Grin
Meng jou met die semels dan vreet die varke jou op!
So let them klap each other and behave badly who cares I am of to the gym for a good old workout and then home sweet home.
Meng jou met die semels dan vreet die varke jou op!

and this is code for what? Big Grin

Enjoy the work out - I'm sure you'll cook something fabulous tonight and sneak a look at the box every now and again Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gordon Ramsay - kitchen nightmares Cheffie 36 15,840 21-05-2004, 03:27 PM
Last Post: Icecub