South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Jen's journey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Great news Jen :canwin:
Very good news Jen; hope this is the turning of the corner, thinking of you.

John
Brilliant :jester: :cheer: :cheer:
Well done Jen, Stay strong, soon you'll be basking in the glorious rays of sun in SA
:hooray: Jen, that is brilliant news.
:cheer: You are one step closer to having a fantastic time in SA.

:weekend:
Jen Wrote:Tarrrrrraaaa!! Exciting news: I went to the oncologist yesterday and was told it's OK for me to only have ONE more chemo!

It feels like an enormous rock has lifted from my (emotional) shoulders.. felt that my tolerance level had reached its limits. :cloud9:

So this means that it's on the 2nd October, then I have 3 weeks rest before the Radiotherapy starts, and that'll be every weekday for 3 1/2 weeks. It doesn't have the sick side-effects that chemo has, but I've heard makes you extremely tired - which is manageable as my bed is always ready for occupation.

THEN I'll have a few weeks' rest and :aero: off to SA for Christmas.

Yaaaaaaaayyyyy.... :hooray: :canwin:

Wow Jen, so excited for you! :cheer: :cheer:

Chin up mate and look forward to your holiday! :xmasprep:
Thats great news Jen. Bet you can't wait for your holiday
Way to go, Jen! Cool

Hope the radiotherapy isn't too hard on you and you have a good convalescence before your holiday.
Well, all my Buzz friends, the time has come for the LAST chemo on this Monday 2nd. Please pray for me, as usual I need it SO much. I will be at home for it as my friend who usually looks after me, is ill.. but my wonderful supportive group of friends said they'll be here for me. I'll go to the hospice on the Wednesday morning, it helps the time to go.

A milestone: because I have dates I can finally start looking for fares and spaces on flights to SA. Oh my, the tickets are expensive!! Does anyone know a good place for travel insurance?

:chorus:
Dear Jen,

I will be thinking of you on Monday and wish you a speedy recovery from the chemo.

With regards to travel insurance I normally buy it on the net from "insure and go", http://www.insureandgo.com/ but I am not sure if they are necessarily the cheapest.

Please keep us posted on your recovery.

Best regards,

Benoniboy
Jen, maybe you can buy the travel insurance where you buy your ticket.... with your ticket.

:aero:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21