South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Brain Teasers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jangar Wrote::thumbs:

Sadly the site is down so no new brainteaser :bigcry:

:bigcry: :bigcry:
Just tried again and they're back online Big Grin

PUZZLING PRICES

Our local toy store prices its merchandise according to the ownerÂ’s whim. A doll costs $12, a kite costs $15, a skateboard costs $34 and a ring toss costs $24. According to this system, how much will a blackboard cost?
Jangar Wrote:
PUZZLING PRICES

Our local toy store prices its merchandise according to the ownerÂ’s whim. A doll costs $12, a kite costs $15, a skateboard costs $34 and a ring toss costs $24. According to this system, how much will a blackboard cost?

I guess that was too difficult for us...

ANSWER: $31 (Vowels are worth $5, consonants are worth $2 and each syllable is worth $1.)ANSWER: $31 (Vowels are worth $5, consonants are worth $2 and each syllable is worth $1.)

ALPHABET SOUP

The 15 letters below can be anagrammed into a gracious two-word closing.

A F F H I L L O R S T U U Y Y
Jangar Wrote:I guess that was too difficult for us...

ANSWER: $31 (Vowels are worth $5, consonants are worth $2 and each syllable is worth $1.)ANSWER: $31 (Vowels are worth $5, consonants are worth $2 and each syllable is worth $1.)

ALPHABET SOUP

The 15 letters below can be anagrammed into a gracious two-word closing.

A F F H I L L O R S T U U Y Y

Faithfully yours Smile
dudette Wrote:Faithfully yours Smile

Close enough Smile

Answer given is "yours faithfully" Big Grin

METHOD OR MADNESS?

Pat likes books but not magazines, she likes going to shows but not the ballet, and she likes movies but not pictures. By the same rules, will she like videos or tapes?
Jangar Wrote:Close enough Smile

Answer given is "yours faithfully" Big Grin

METHOD OR MADNESS?

Pat likes books but not magazines, she likes going to shows but not the ballet, and she likes movies but not pictures. By the same rules, will she like videos or tapes?
She would
Joan Wrote:She would

She would like what ? And why ?
I say videos ... the things she doesn't like are words that have words within them...

Mag azines, ball et, pict ures, tap es
dudette Wrote:I say videos ... the things she doesn't like are words that have words within them...

Mag azines, ball et, pict ures, tap es

You're right but not for the right reason :haha:
I am new at this, I guessed that she good see shows , ballets or plays on books on videos or tapes...