South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Brain Teasers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jangar Wrote::thumbs:

What do each of the following words have in common?

TANG AUNT TOGA LATE

(050511)

they all have 4 letters :haha:
Jangar Wrote::thumbs:

What do each of the following words have in common?

TANG AUNT TOGA LATE

(050511)

They all have an A and a T

:jester:
True, but there is something else too Wink
Gnat, Tuna, Goat, Tale.

....mmm...
They are all anagrams ...

Tang = Gnat
Aunt = Tuna
Toga = Goat
Late = Tale
I guess that is close enough for me Smile

ANSWER: Each word can be anagrammed into the name of a living creature: GNAT, TUNA, GOAT, TEAL

What is the number that is two-thirds of one-half of one-tenth of one-fifth of 1,500?

(050512)
Jangar Wrote:I guess that is close enough for me Smile

ANSWER: Each word can be anagrammed into the name of a living creature: GNAT, TUNA, GOAT, TEAL

What is the number that is two-thirds of one-half of one-tenth of one-fifth of 1,500?

(050512)

10 - come on obelix, u can do better then that! Smile

(PS Never heard of a Teal before!)
Ade Wrote:10 - come on obelix, u can do better then that! Smile

(PS Never heard of a Teal before!)

Third time lucky I hope, I always seem to get called away or the comp hangs when trying to reply to this thread :mad:

:thumbs:

ANSWER: 10 (1,500 ÷ 5 = 300 ÷ 10 = 30, ÷ 2 = 15 x 2/3 = 10)

Thank goodness for copy and paste as that is all that I do with the questions and answers from my not so secret source :haha:

1. Change one letter in the name of a magazine all about you to find a magazine about money.

2. Change one letter in the name of a magazine to find a magazine for flower-loving drunkards.

(050513)

PS and I thought teal was a colour Blush Here is what Miriam has to say about teal: 1 : any of various widely distributed small short-necked dabblers (genus Anas)
Jangar Wrote:1. Change one letter in the name of a magazine all about you to find a magazine about money.

2. Change one letter in the name of a magazine to find a magazine for flower-loving drunkards.

(050513)
[/I]

Sheesh, I find these questions too difficult Sad

1. Is the 2nd magazine The Economist?

2. Flower-loving drunkards? Too cryptic for me Sad

How about some more TOM SWIFTY ones ... :cheeky:
dudette Wrote:1. Is the 2nd magazine The Economist?

Dude, which letter would you change in Economist to get a magazine all about you? (is Egonimist a magazine?)