South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Brain Teasers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've got it...

Each subsequent word starts with the last two letters of the previous word, only reversed. Smile
dudette Wrote:I've got it...

Each subsequent word starts with the last two letters of the previous word, only reversed. Smile

:thumbs:

Don't know where you get the reversed bit from though :p

In five years Ryan will be twice as old as he was 10 years ago.

How old is he now?

(050428)
He is 15 Smile
Jangar Wrote:Can anyone tell me why Ermine is the correct answer ?
You told Dudette she got the reason wrong, and you don't know the reason yourself?! How go you know she is wrong?
Ade Wrote:You told Dudette she got the reason wrong, and you don't know the reason yourself?! How go you know she is wrong?

I do know the reason as not only do I have the questions but also the answers Big Grin

Here is their official answer, copied and pasted directly from the website:

ANSWER: a) Ermine (Each word starts with the last two letters of the previous word.)
dudette Wrote:He is 15 Smile

Did you perhaps make a typo ? Wink
No more guestimates ?
Jangar Wrote:Did you perhaps make a typo ? Wink

:mmm: I read and re-read my reply, and can't see the mistake... It still makes sense though...

If Ryan is now 15, in 5 years time he will be 20, which is twice the age he was 10 years ago, which was 10...

Or am I missing somfink? Smile
dudette Wrote::mmm: I read and re-read my reply, and can't see the mistake... It still makes sense though...

If Ryan is now 15, in 5 years time he will be 20, which is twice the age he was 10 years ago, which was 10...

Or am I missing somfink? Smile

Me finks you are quite right Smile

The answer they give is 25, which also works out correct...

Sowwy I was too lazy to do the maths Blush

What two words, formed from different arrangements of the same six letters, can be used to complete the sentence below?

We were happy to see that landlordÂ’s notice to _________ contained a _________ covering a hardship allowance.
Jangar Wrote:Me finks you are quite right Smile

The answer they give is 25, which also works out correct...

Sowwy I was too lazy to do the maths Blush

What two words, formed from different arrangements of the same six letters, can be used to complete the sentence below?

We were happy to see that landlordÂ’s notice to _________ contained a _________ covering a hardship allowance.

No problemo ... interesting one, that...

vacate ... caveat ?