South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: You are what you eat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Dolla

Quote:Originally posted by Gregg
:bigcry: I wanna go to the gym again!!

You can really go in my place if you want! :haha:
Quote:Originally posted by Dolla
You can really go in my place if you want! :haha:

Bodypumping?? :eek: :taped:
Quote:Originally posted by tokoloshie
so they skin and bone and V*gina alone....:rofl:

:eek:
OMG

:haha:

tokoloshie

Quote:Originally posted by Gregg
Bodypumping?? :eek: :taped:

what's this in afrikaans?....."Ligaampomp"...Big Grin

Dolla

what's this in afrikaans?....."Ligaampomp"...Big Grin

No not body pumping! :haha: I am training for my marathon, so it is running and running and running and running.....Wink

tokoloshie

No not body pumping! :haha: I am training for my marathon, so it is running and running and running and running.....Wink

commitment excellent watch out Zola Budd...Big Grin

Icecub

morning all..

they had Paula Radcliffe this morning on the radio...she was giving tips on marathon running...they were quite good.....:thumbs: (no comments from the peanut gallery)Rolleyes

tokoloshie

Quote:Originally posted by Icecub
morning all..

they had Paula Radcliffe this morning on the radio...she was giving tips on marathon running...they were quite good.....:thumbs: (no comments from the peanut gallery)Rolleyes

who's Paula Radcliffe?....she has competition now Dolla Tolla..Big Grin

Dolla

who's Paula Radcliffe?....she has competition now Dolla Tolla..Big Grin

:haha: :haha: Cubbie, please gimme that tips. I need all the help I can. I am quite nervous about this marathon

Here is my menu for today

Brekkie - mango (a green one Sick ) and a banana, some water and a decaff skinny latte
Snacks - seeds, I am tweeting already!
Lunch - I didn't bring anything in today, so it is probably going to be some oats
Dinner - NO idea. I have a sick baby in bed so I will probably run around and forget to eat

Have a super day all!

tokoloshie

:haha: :haha: Cubbie, please gimme that tips. I need all the help I can. I am quite nervous about this marathon

Here is my menu for today

Brekkie - mango (a green one Sick ) and a banana, some water and a decaff skinny latte
Snacks - seeds, I am tweeting already!
Lunch - I didn't bring anything in today, so it is probably going to be some oats
Dinner - NO idea. I have a sick baby in bed so I will probably run around and forget to eat

Have a super day all!

Here some tips...:thumbs:

Training: not rocket science, but trickier than you think
Mix running and walking Few people can run a full mile the first time out the door, so don’t even try. You’ll get discouraged and quit. Instead, mix running and walking. Run for 30 seconds, walk for 90 seconds, and repeat this nine more times for a total of 20 minutes. When you can comfortably run/walk for 20 minutes four times a week with this 30/90-second pattern, change your run/walk ratio to 45/75 and repeat the four-times-a-week pattern. Next comes 60/60, then 75/45, then 90/30. Eventually you’ll be running for several minutes at a time between walking breaks, and then – hallelujah! – you’ll be able to run for 20 minutes without stopping. More about the run-walk technique.
Take the ‘talk test’ Always run at a relaxed and comfortable pace. This isn’t the Olympics – it’s a lifelong fitness quest. To check your effort level, start a conversation with your training partner. You should be able to speak without gasping or feeling out of breath. If you can’t, then slow down.
Go farther, not harder Once you reach the magic 20-minute mark, build up to 30 minutes (then 40, 50 and 60). Don’t make the mistake of trying to get faster – don’t try to run your 20-minute course in 19 minutes. Increasing endurance is your first priority.
Be a tortoise, not a hare We donÂ’t have to retell the old childrenÂ’s story here. Running works just like the tortoise-and-hare race. It rewards the patient (with weight loss, steady progress, less stress, more energy and a host of health benefits) and penalizes the overeager (with injuries, burnout and the like). This isnÂ’t a sport for sprinters. Be slow, not sorry.
Don’t compare yourself with anyone else Check out the apostrophe in RUNNER’S WORLD. There must be a billion runners out there, so we could certainly call this magazine RUNNERS’ WORLD. But we don’t, and this is because we realise that there’s only one runner who really counts – you. So don’t feel bad if you see someone who’s faster, thinner or smoother-striding. Running is your activity – make it work for you, and don’t worry about anyone else.