South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: You are what you eat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey sunshine
the sun is shining here ! i cant seem to get into the live chat - i cant find the button so i will have to browse the boards ! how are u doll? Smile

Dolla

jewels Wrote:hi guys

im at my folks place
having a great time but time is going by soooo fast

bad news is i have been awful re food and excercise ! i have picked up weight and gotten all flabby ! LOL

hope u are all well and i shall speak to u very soon !
x

Hi hun!!

So nice to hear from you. I was wondering and trying to work out when you are back Big Grin

So glad you are having a good time, I want all the news when you get back! :p
Forget about eating right, you are on hols!!
jewels Wrote:hey sunshine
the sun is shining here ! i cant seem to get into the live chat - i cant find the button so i will have to browse the boards ! how are u doll? Smile

Hey Jewels

Enjoy!!! We leave 1 week today!! Wink

When do you get back?? Will we have a chance to see you before we leave?? Gonna be tight!!
Gregg Wrote:Hey Jewels

Enjoy!!! We leave 1 week today!! Wink

When do you get back?? Will we have a chance to see you before we leave?? Gonna be tight!!

hi everyone !!!!!!!!!!!!

it went by sooooo quickly Sad
it was good tho - u wont belive it a 23 hour delay in amsterdam !!!!
thats right - 23 hours at the airport - got there 11am and told flight is only at 10am next day !
the venue is beautiful and the florist very nice - await her quote with bated breath !

got my rokkie !!!!! Smile got rick kitted out
got the wedding rings !
ordered my koekie ! :haha:
met the photographer

all well and 2 months to go !

eating wise - Sad bad bad bad - lekker tho and no exercise so im a fattie wombly !

eating a turky and cranberry w/wheat roll i bought form samdwich lady
i went to the gym last night ! not a lot done but better than nothing - burned off 400 calories machine said

gregg - u off in a wekk !!! lekker lekker lekker !!! hope to see u before
where is everyone ?

now? is bread fattening? i have bougth a sandwich for the past 2 days and i cant help but think it is much worse for me than the salad i usually make? if i want to lose a little bit before the wedding, should i stick to salads?
what about atkins and the celebs who never eat bread????

Icecub

hi jewels..

i definitely think bread bloats a person....but not sure about it being fattening.... :innocent:

Dolla

jewels Wrote:where is everyone ?

now? is bread fattening? i have bougth a sandwich for the past 2 days and i cant help but think it is much worse for me than the salad i usually make? if i want to lose a little bit before the wedding, should i stick to salads?
what about atkins and the celebs who never eat bread????

Hi Jewels,

So nice to see you back and I am so glad everything went good with the wedding stuff

Brown/wholemeal bread is not fattening. White bread I wouldn't say is fattening, but it releases sugar in your blood very quickly which is bad. This means it makes you feel so much fuller, but for such a shorter time, in other words it makes you crave for even more. So yes, indirectly, white bread is fattening if you think there is a big quantity of sugar that is released in your bloodstream.
Not all people find bread bloatening (if there is such a word) just people that might be allergic to wheat/gluten.
I would say, give the white bread/rolls a skip and you don't have to feel guilty about eating it....
Dolla Wrote:Hi Jewels,

So nice to see you back and I am so glad everything went good with the wedding stuff

Brown/wholemeal bread is not fattening. White bread I wouldn't say is fattening, but it releases sugar in your blood very quickly which is bad. This means it makes you feel so much fuller, but for such a shorter time, in other words it makes you crave for even more. So yes, indirectly, white bread is fattening if you think there is a big quantity of sugar that is released in your bloodstream.
Not all people find bread bloatening (if there is such a word) just people that might be allergic to wheat/gluten.
I would say, give the white bread/rolls a skip and you don't have to feel guilty about eating it....

howzit doll

i have been having seeded loaf sarnie - it is delicious
it doesnt make me feel that bad (bloating) but it fills me up more than my salads
we shall see if i become a whale over night (altho that might be due to the biscuits that are in store now for xmas and i have been munching !!! Big Grin )
OK....The festive season is now over

What are you plans for getting back in to shape????? Oh I wish I hadnt bought that huge tin of Quality Street :wall:

I need some motivation pleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaasssssssseeeeeeeeeee......got to stop eating all the rubbish.

I am thinking it is going to be easier to get back on track when I go back to work on Tuesday......

Dolla

suep Wrote:OK....The festive season is now over

What are you plans for getting back in to shape????? Oh I wish I hadnt bought that huge tin of Quality Street :wall:

I need some motivation pleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaasssssssseeeeeeeeeee......got to stop eating all the rubbish.

I am thinking it is going to be easier to get back on track when I go back to work on Tuesday......

Hi Sue,

It is definitely better once you are at work. I am talking out of own experience :haha: When I am at home and have not much to do I find myself in the kitchen the most of the time.
(There is a fancy box of McVites biscuits under my bed but I will NOT give in).

For me it is just back to normal, eating healthy, cutting out a lot of carbs (or shall I say bad carbs) and dairy. Loads of fresh fruit and vegetables and loads of water.
I have also started exercising again, so hopefully in a few weeks all will be well and 'normal' again Wink