South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: You are what you eat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Brekkie - porridge made with water with a few strawberries chopped up
snack - small bunch of grapes
lunch - tuna salad
snack - apple
then when I got home I went on strike and refused to cook.....so after 2 vodka's (with fresh orange Wink ) I put a ready meal in the microwave...be good to yourself or one of them lower fat thingeys. Very tasty, pasta, chicken, tomato and basil.

I havnt given in with the biscuits yet Angel but then I havnt increased my water intake either :duh: think I will take a jug in to work next week that I can keep by my desk instead of walking backwards and forwards to the water cooler....

Dolla

Morning all,

This weekend I was actually very good and did 15km run and loads of cycling.

Here is today's menu:

Brekkie - half a canteloupe melon, rooibos tea and water
Snack - some pumpkin seeds
Lunch - Tomato, red pepper and cucumber salad with lemon juice and more seeds
Snack - apple and some carrots
Dinner - broccoli with tomato and balsamic vinegar

I am on a 3 day detox. Think I need it after Christmas :haha:
Dolla Wrote:Morning all,

This weekend I was actually very good and did 15km run and loads of cycling.

Here is today's menu:

Brekkie - half a canteloupe melon, rooibos tea and water
Snack - some pumpkin seeds
Lunch - Tomato, red pepper and cucumber salad with lemon juice and more seeds
Snack - apple and some carrots
Dinner - broccoli with tomato and balsamic vinegar

I am on a 3 day detox. Think I need it after Christmas :haha:

Flippin heck dolla.....I would pass out if that is all I ate!!!!!

I did a good work out on Sunday, and I have bought myself a pedometer...only using it today for the first time so should be interesting to see what it says at the end of the day.

Brekkie was my usual...porridge made with water and a few strawberries chopped up
snack - grapes
lunch - ham salad
and havent decided on dinner yet......but am really pleased with myself....am drinking loads of water......and I have lost 2lbs this past week Confusedcales: Big Grin
suep Wrote:I did a good work out on Sunday, and I have bought myself a pedometer...only using it today for the first time so should be interesting to see what it says at the end of the day.
Cor whats that...thats a very big word.......Me been a norty boy this weekend....

Friday Night-A few lemonades.....
Saturday-A few more lemonades-u know the all sugary fatty variety-Saturday night i was lured to the Chinese..
Sunday-A quite morning,and some more lemonades yesterday afternoon followed buy chinese leftovers..

Today-3 cups of coffee-10 cups of water and a cornish pasty-im norty i know but im good to...

Dolla

suep Wrote:Flippin heck dolla.....I would pass out if that is all I ate!!!!!

I did a good work out on Sunday, and I have bought myself a pedometer...only using it today for the first time so should be interesting to see what it says at the end of the day.

Brekkie was my usual...porridge made with water and a few strawberries chopped up
snack - grapes
lunch - ham salad
and havent decided on dinner yet......but am really pleased with myself....am drinking loads of water......and I have lost 2lbs this past week Confusedcales: Big Grin

Well had a mango instead for dinner :haha: No Sue, I am so busy these days at work that I have to force myself to take a break and eat. I wish my manager is back from holidays already Rolleyes

I have had a grapefruit and rooibos tea for dinner. Going to have a pear now as well
Lunch today is steamed broccoli with tomatoes, mushrooms and peppers
Snack some carrot and cucumber batons. Also an apple
No idea what is for dinner yet, off to the gym tonight.

Well done on all the exercise and weight loss, that is great! My clothes are starting to feel more comfortable again, so I think I have lost some as well. I try not to weigh myself to often these days...
hello all
happy new year
gos, u have been so good, all of you
dolla - you amaze me !

i have 6 weeks to the wedding and have decided i am getting married as i am, no bad diets to make me stick thin yet keel over

today
brekkie - mulle rlite yoghurt
glass of orange juice

snack - 2 small plums at 11

lunch (now)- seed loaf sandwich - with lettuce, salami, tomato, cucumber
and a breakway biscuit for afters

tonight i will go to the gym - 40 mins on the stepper and a 10 min jog

supper? perhaps pasta with cream cheesey sauce - perhasp roast beef
Smile
x
Dolla Wrote:. I try not to weigh myself to often these days...

it is a year since i joined the gym
i am not obese (i hope, no i dont think so ) but i think i am overweight
altho just a little i think
so, i dont think i have been that good altho i would have been worse if not for the gym and the slight watching of the food in take

rick says he is happy with me and i do feel ok (altho naked is a totally differnt story)

so this year, i am quite positive ! Smile

Dolla

jewels Wrote:it is a year since i joined the gym
i am not obese (i hope, no i dont think so ) but i think i am overweight
altho just a little i think
so, i dont think i have been that good altho i would have been worse if not for the gym and the slight watching of the food in take

rick says he is happy with me and i do feel ok (altho naked is a totally differnt story)

so this year, i am quite positive ! Smile

It is very good to have a positive outlook :thumbs:

Thing is, I am not torturing myself, I love eating healthy and I do actually love going to the gym. I am generally happy with myself, just want to tone up the muscles that's gone a bit flabby after the holidays :p
Dolla Wrote:It is very good to have a positive outlook :thumbs:

Thing is, I am not torturing myself, I love eating healthy and I do actually love going to the gym. I am generally happy with myself, just want to tone up the muscles that's gone a bit flabby after the holidays :p

mmmm mine were a bit flabby before the holidays ! :lol:
yesterday i had

muller lite yoghurt

a few grapes
seed loaf sandwich with lettuce, ham, tomato, avocado
then a small breakway

when i got home - a mini pork pie
roast beef, teeny bit of mash, oven baked onion rings, one small yorkshire pudding, carrott and swed, gravy
then i had 4 after eight mints with white chocolate

Big Grin