South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: You are what you eat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Icecub

Quote:Originally posted by jewels
when is ur mum here? how nice it will be !

i hope to see u when u are in this area soon Smile

2nd Sep..not long hey..

when my son goes for his op..will get your mobile nr and bel u....:thumbs:

Oupa..ice-cream for supper....ja nee..easy for u hey??
:haha:

Icecub

Quote:Originally posted by tokoloshie
Cubbie and Jewels, chat tomorrow home time now have a lovely evening ladies...:thumbs:

Caio Caio skattebol....:hug:

Dolla

Quote:Originally posted by tokoloshie
:eek: ..never crossed my mind...ja I wonder where they are hey..:haha:

Here I am! Morning all.

You know SOME people around here are actually working Wink :p Rolleyes
Crikey, yesterday was busy, hopefully today is going to go a bit better.

Here is my menu for today:

Breakfast
Mango, banana, warm water with lemon, decaf coffee

Snack
Peach
Water

Lunch
Salmon and cottage cheese salad, more water

Snack
Apple

Dinner
Hot choc, yoghurt and raisins

Hope you all have a great day! Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by Icecub
2nd Sep..not long hey..

when my son goes for his op..will get your mobile nr and bel u....:thumbs:

:

that is soon ! Smile

ja, that would be nice to meet up
Quote:Originally posted by Dolla
Here I am! Morning all.

Breakfast
Mango, banana, warm water with lemon, decaf coffee

Snack
Peach
Water

Lunch
Salmon and cottage cheese salad, more water

Snack
Apple

Dinner
Hot choc, yoghurt and raisins

Hope you all have a great day! Big Grin

morning !

i tried the warm water this morning
but i forgot the lemon Rolleyes LOL
must buy some today
i had orange juice aswell - mmm wonder if that cancels out?

brekkie
had fresh blueberries with muller yogurt
slice of melon

now - i am wondering about yoghurt
dolla, what does the book say about yoghurt - some say steer clear of diary?
last time i went to the docs, she moaned at me for not drinking milk and said to drink at least half a cup/glass a day - even if the red stuff

to prevent the cookies - i have brought in a banana, a plum, a pear and an apple ! as a treat, i have brought in a mini echo !
salad for lunch

Dolla

morning !

i tried the warm water this morning
but i forgot the lemon Rolleyes LOL
must buy some today
i had orange juice aswell - mmm wonder if that cancels out?

brekkie
had fresh blueberries with muller yogurt
slice of melon

now - i am wondering about yoghurt
dolla, what does the book say about yoghurt - some say steer clear of diary?
last time i went to the docs, she moaned at me for not drinking milk and said to drink at least half a cup/glass a day - even if the red stuff

to prevent the cookies - i have brought in a banana, a plum, a pear and an apple ! as a treat, i have brought in a mini echo !
salad for lunch

I am not sure about the yoghurt. All I know is that you should not have it combined with fruit or muesli (grains) as it leads to gas and bloatedness, also with fruit, you should eat grapes and melons on its own.
I don't really get any milk in and I don't really eat meat either, so I do tend to eat a lot of yoghurt. I think the book mentioned that unsweetened plain yoghurt is fine. Luckily, this is the only yoghurt I like.
You know what I have read as well? If you have a craving for chocalate (or a cookie with you Wink ) you should hold on for a second and after 20 minutes if you really still are craving the sweet or cookie, you should have it. I have noticed that this works a treat for me. So now I have cut down having sweets (or rather M&M's) only once a week. I do not stick to this religiously, like this weekend :haha:
I am not sure about the yoghurt. All I know is that you should not have it combined with fruit or muesli (grains) as it leads to gas and bloatedness, also with fruit, you should eat grapes and melons on its own.
I don't really get any milk in and I don't really eat meat either, so I do tend to eat a lot of yoghurt. I think the book mentioned that unsweetened plain yoghurt is fine. Luckily, this is the only yoghurt I like.
You know what I have read as well? If you have a craving for chocalate (or a cookie with you Wink ) you should hold on for a second and after 20 minutes if you really still are craving the sweet or cookie, you should have it. I have noticed that this works a treat for me. So now I have cut down having sweets (or rather M&M's) only once a week. I do not stick to this religiously, like this weekend :haha:

:eek: i have been having the muller light vanilla yoghurt with fresh berries !!! and i had melon with it too !

gas - :haha: where is toks trumpet ! Big Grin

mmmm i will try this about waiting 20 mins - yesterday i really fancied a biscuit but forgot about it and then felt fine - so it must work and if u still wanting one, like u say, u must need it

Dolla

:eek: i have been having the muller light vanilla yoghurt with fresh berries !!! and i had melon with it too !

gas - :haha: where is toks trumpet ! Big Grin

mmmm i will try this about waiting 20 mins - yesterday i really fancied a biscuit but forgot about it and then felt fine - so it must work and if u still wanting one, like u say, u must need it

It really does work! I think the majority of the time I only eat sweets because I think about it and am bored.
Also with fruit, the book advises that you shouldn't have fruit straight after a meal, as your normal meal takes about 3-4 hours to digest, where fruit takes a lot quicker. Which will mean that the fruit will rot in your tummy. It is horrible to think about it like that, but it does make a lot of sense.
I tell you, I am feeling MUCH better after reading the book twice. I have only made very little changes and it really is working.
It really does work! I think the majority of the time I only eat sweets because I think about it and am bored.
Also with fruit, the book advises that you shouldn't have fruit straight after a meal, as your normal meal takes about 3-4 hours to digest, where fruit takes a lot quicker. Which will mean that the fruit will rot in your tummy. It is horrible to think about it like that, but it does make a lot of sense.
I tell you, I am feeling MUCH better after reading the book twice. I have only made very little changes and it really is working.

really? rick ALWAYS eats fruit after a meal
and myself usually as well

thing is - it stops me eating sweet things that are bad as i like something sweet after a meal
so when shud we eat this? as snacks instead?

btw - i have had my mini echo bar Smile 10 mins ago
but no cookies Smile

Dolla

really? rick ALWAYS eats fruit after a meal
and myself usually as well

thing is - it stops me eating sweet things that are bad as i like something sweet after a meal
so when shud we eat this? as snacks instead?

btw - i have had my mini echo bar Smile 10 mins ago
but no cookies Smile

Dr Gillian has a few pages on food combination, which is really interesting. Fruit should ALWAYS be eaten on its own. Normally I think 3 hours after protein and 4 hours after carbs (I am not sure on the hours, but something like this).

So yes, fruit can be eaten as a snack, but not directly after lunch or dinner. I also like something sweet after a meal. Heath thinks I am being absolutely ridiculous, but once again I think it is a women thing. I eat a teaspoon of peanut butter afterwards, this normally helps me. Or if I really am feeling naughty I tell myself once again to wait 20 minutes until your brain had time to tell your tummy it is full.